Dream Maker -- Silver Plan?

FFerret

DIS Veteran
The more I read about this the more I get confused.
I'm blonde so speak SLOWLY :)

If I get the Dream Maker Silver Plan for three nights--
let's just say, oh, check in December 1 - check out December 4, 2005 :-)) )--
and it's just me, Mr. FFerret and two little FFerrets (5,7),
We'll have passes for four days and I'll have until midnight Dec 4 to use the Silver wishes up? Or do I have to have the wishes done by that third night (Dec 3rd)?

Also, has there been anybody who didn't feel like they got a good deal out of the wishes (too expensive, etc.)? I'm looking into it because we can really use the child care, but how to justifiy the rest is kinda hard :)

For example, I'd love to use one for a watermouse, but the mice are only $30 for an hour, and I'd want to take my child---it's one wish per passanger so that'd be four wishes (one for me and child x two for two half hours = 4 wishes = 4 x 26.50 = wishes not well spent :) )

Thanks!

OK let's see if I can try to explain. I am blonde too so I may just confuse you more. :rolleyes:

OK 4 people 3 nights 2 wishes per person per night for a total of 24 wishes for your entire stay.

The wishes are flexable enough so that if you want to use them 2 per person per night, you can or you can use the entire total on your first day. Use them how ever you wish (no pun intended ha ha) :teeth:
You do need to use them by all midnight on your checkout day or you they are gone. They are tracked by your room card and you can get a printout from the front desk so you can make sure they are deducting properly, the resort will usualy fix any mistakes.

Now, as to if this is a good deal. That is a tough question. You need to sit down and carefuly figure out the best way to use them. My boyfriend and I use this plan every time we go to WDW because we love to eat in the more expensive restaurants and don't want to have to worry about what we order and tip is included so the servers can usualy help you make the most of your order. Sit down restaurants are the best use of the wishes in my opinion.

My thought is that kids are usualy pickey eaters and want to eat at the counter service restaurants which are not a good deal for wishes.

I hope this cleared things up. :wave:

I second Scoobmuzic's resposnse is saying that finding out whether it's a good deal or not is tough. You're on the right track though with the water mice by doing the math. Write down what you'll be using the wishes for (spa treatments, tours, dinner shows, and Cirque are all good savings) and figure out how much it would have cost to do them separately. Whichever saves you money is the better option.

Thanks so much, you two :)

Glad to hear you have all four days to use them.

Still trying to decide if it's worth it, but I still have a long while to decide. Been comparing recent plans with older ones, and the 2004 seems to have less (at least in the way of merchandise and spa treatments). Hopefully 2005 will be more generous :)

Wouldn't it be great if they added carriage rides, golf cart rentals (FW), special cruises :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter