Dream or Wonder for 13year old boy-1st cruise

firstwdw

DIS Veteran
Same itinerary (4night out of Port Canaveral)
same cabin type
same time of year
very similar in price with Dream being a few hundred more total
-most likely will not attend tween/teen clubs
most likely will be the only cruise we take-we will do Disney parks for a few days prior

The mid ship detective agency and the aqua duck rides may sway him more than the Wonder. Also, the rooms have on demand movies. Plus there is the sports simulator as well. Not sure if the stage shows matter to him or not as there are different ones.

It is always recommended kids go the meet and greet at the kids clubs the first night to see what it is like and meet some other youth.

We were on a Wonder cruise in January and there was a 10 year old boy at our table and he was completely bored with the cruise. All he wanted to do was play video games and some sport he wasn't able to play on the ship. I'm pretty sure a cruise just wasn't for him and his attitude, but maybe he would have enjoyed the Dream more.

My son was 11 on our first cruise, (Dream), and at 18 still loves cruising. We’ve been on all 4 ships and his ranking from favorite to least favorite is Fantasy, Dream, Magic and Wonder. I’d definitely go with the Dream. BTW, he never goes to the clubs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter