Dreamaker Silver & paying for childs meal seperate?

michellelovesthemous

DIS Veteran
For anyone who has done it there are some places where it's just more practical to pay for my dd seperate and use her wishes for something else. What is the best way to do this at a sit down restaurant (ie:Tony's,Tepenyaki,sci-fi) how do you tell the cm and do you do it at the time of making the PS and do you tip seperately for her check? So many ?'s I'm sorry but thank you in advance for any help with this!!!princess:

If memory serves correct, just tell the CM when you place your order that you will not be using wishes for your child's meal. I would probably give them a tip for the other portion of the bill. Also, be sure to check your wishes count each night at the front desk, they can give you a printout. When I was on my honeymoon, they charged us twice for CRT breakfast and we had to straighten that out.

We will be using the Silver Plan again this Sept.
Our youngest is 10, so he is charged for the adult price silver plan.However, most of the buffet restaurants charge children ages 3-11, the child's price of 8.99-9.99.
Since his wishes cost us 34.00 each, it would be really dumb for us to use his wishes at those restaurants.So, we will be paying cash for his meals on those evenings.

As I understand it, at the beginning of your meal we will tell our server that we are on the silver plan, but that we will be paying cash for our son's meal since he falls into their child's price range.
And yes, we will then tip in cash for his portion of the meal as well.

Many people do it this way, so I am sure servers are used to it.::yes::

Hello! I just posted a question about whether or not the kids HAVE to order from the childrens menu or not when using wishes. I am just worried that after 9 days, he might be sick of the chicken fingers and french fries!! Plus, like you said, we ARE paying almost $35 for his wish!! It will be interesting what will be said!! Good Luck!

We actually used the Silver plan and paid cash for Most of our kids meals! We played it by ear!...If there was something that interest them off the regular menu, then we let them order it and paid with wishes! On other occasions, we paid cash for childrens meals and used the extra wishes for adult meals and some legacy tiles! Definitely check your wishes count when you receive your bill after each meal! We ran into minor problems!

We have an 8 yo DD. In April, we paid for her meal on at least 3 different instances. She wanted food from the regular menu and they could only let her eat from the kids menu. Just tell the server when you order (It is vey hard if you waint until time to pay since her meals were rung separately).

If you are paying full price for the wishes I suspect you can use the adult menu - His card will not say "child" - just don't mention his age.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter