Dressing as a Princess for Breakfast?

Grumpy'sMom

<font color=9999FF>I promise to never take my towe
Hi everyone - I have an interesting dilemna. My teenage daughter, 16, and her friend, also 16, want to dress up like the little ones do for a princess character breakfast. I told them that I didn't know if they should for two reasons. One, I don't know if it would confuse the smaller children, and Two, I don't know if Disney would have a problem with it because of their ages. They want to be Cinderella and Belle. They don't want to walk around the park in costume, they said they will put the outfits on just for breakfast and then take them off. I am still not convinced this will be a good idea. I wouldn't want to ruin a character breakfast for the little ones if this would confuse them. If anyone can give me advice, especially those with younger children, I would appreciate it. We aren't going until May, but I really don't want my mother to make the costumes if we aren't going to use them. Thank you.

HI - It's very kind of you to consider the younger kids :D My DD was almost 3 yrs when we took her to CRT. She was VERY excited to see all the princesses. During the breakfast she says "there's Alice (in Wonderland)!" When in fact it was one of the girls on the wait staff who wears a white apron over her dress. Even though she had a ball with the "real" princesses she was sad that "Alice" hadn't talked with her :( We tried to explain it to her and then spent a good part of the day searching for the "real Alice." :p So - yes - it would be confusing for the younger ones. And I believe I read somewhere that "older" patrons of the park are not allowed to dress up in costume unless attending MNSSHP. Perhaps for this reason? Anyway - maybe your DD could rack her brain and think of something special that would still get her "princess ready." I'm sure someone could suggest something great! Have a terrific time!

Thank you for your response - this is exactly what I thought when my dd came up with the idea. I would never want to take away any of the "magic" from the younger children.

Again - THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU - for being so considerate :D It was a hard thing to explain to DD. Have a great trip!

The children are welcome to dress up, however, no adults may enter a park in costume, except for the Not So Scary Halloween Party. It is too confusing for other guests. If they want, they can wear crowns to the breakfast, though.

If you are interested in a character meal in one of the resorts, I would call and ask the policy before packing up the older girls' costumes.

I'm going to scratch this idea - I think what I'll do is get them some type of Princess T-Shirts - and the crown is a good idea, thanks! They are old enough to understand this is for the younger children, not the teenage princesses. (And they do think they are princesses!!!!:D ) Thanks again.

As a mom to a 3yo, I want to thank you for being so considerate. I hope you and your family have a great time/

It's nice that you have a daughter who is not above wanting to dress up. I think you are very special person to have thought of the little one's before the situation came up. I bet they would love the Princess T and a crown. Good luck and have a great time, all of you.

Kind of off topic, but thought I would ask... Does anyone have a 2T princess dress they would want to trade for a NWT Disney princess dress (belle, minnie, aurora)? I bought these hoping my dd could wear them on our trip, but she's growing too fast!! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter