Drive from Anaheim to Sea World, Legoland & Universal???

quinns-mommy

The Mitchell Family
I have a question for you Disney Land fanatics!! This is my first trip to California to go to DL. I kinda assumed that all the attractions weren't that far from each other. Kinda like DW. Well, I keep reading all of the threads and I'm seeing a lot of people staying closer to SeaWorld for a day or two then going down to Anaheim to stay closer to DL. I've already reserved a room at the Marriotts Suites in Anaheim for a week and was just going to drive. Is that not a good idea??? I kinda get the impression that it's going to be more driving to the parks than actually enjoying the parks themselves. Can someone help??? We're flying into LAX. Help me!!!!!!!!!!

We too are flying into LAX and were going to center in Aneheim. Since we bought the so cal passes we would be traveling south to san diego to see seaworld and the zoo and north to universal in LA. After looking at our week and knowing it was easier to drive during the weekends I ended up booking ANOTHER hotel in sandiego so we wouldn't take that drive 2 days in a row. To me it was worth the $100 or so dollars. Therefore, Fri in Aneheim, Sat AM leave for Seaworld and have breakfast with shamu-sleep in sandiego and go to the zoo on Easter Sunday. Then we can spend the rest of the week in aneheim. LA is only about 45 minutes from what I read. :thumbsup2

From DL it took us close to 2 hours to get to Sea World area. Traffic and stops in Carlsbad to see the beach took up alot of time. DL is not like WDW. The other parks are in totally different areas. IF you want to see SeaWorld and go back to your DL hotel, be prepared for a commute in both directions, with traffic!!! Legoland is not as far and I think it is tons of fun. Nearby DL, try the aquarium in Long Beach and Huntington Beach for ocean fun.

Ask more questions if you have them.

You'll be fine. Depending on traffic it will be 45 min to 1 hr to Legoland which is not a bad drive. We just did this last week. San Diego is 1.5 or 2 hrs depending on traffic.

We went to Southern Cal for the first time back in 95. We traveled down to SD to go to the Zoo for the day. The drive wasn't too bad, about 1.5 hrs. But we were sorry we didn't stay for a few days in the SD area because we thought it was lovely. This April we will fly into SD, stay for three nights, go to SeaWorld, the Zoo and Legoland and then head north to Anaheim and Santa Monica. This will give us some time to explore the SD area.

what every one else has said. San Deigo is far from LA. Even Universal is and hour away. The LA area is one great BIG Meto area and San Deigo is another city all together. You may want to rethink your plans and stay in Carlsbad or San Deigo for 1 or 2 nights to enjoy LegoLand and SeaWorld and San Deigo Zoo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter