drive from Newport Beach to Legoland?

maddiesmommie

Mouseketeer
We are staying at Newport Beach and going to DLR two days; thinking of going to legoland as we have a 6 and 3.5 year old.. It seems to be the recommended place over Knott's. How far would it be to drive from this area? We would go on a weekday.
thanks!

We are staying at Newport Beach and going to DLR two days; thinking of going to legoland as we have a 6 and 3.5 year old.. It seems to be the recommended place over Knott's. How far would it be to drive from this area? We would go on a weekday.
thanks!

Once lived in Newport Beach so I can tell you it will take about 1.5 hours without traffic to drive to Legoland.

Here is the Legoland website for further planning as it has a door-to-door directions link on the site.

http://www.legoland.com/California.htm

:surfweb:

I go down to Carlsbad/Legoland quite a bit and usually can get to Legoland within an hour from Huntington Beach. It is just North of Newport Beach. You just have to make sure you don't drive during traffic hours. The latest I have left to get back home was 4:30 and I was quite surprised at the little amount of traffic there is. When it starts to get bad, there is a toll road that takes you through Newport Beach too. You can always stay in Carlsbad for dinner and leave after 7.

ETA: I am not sure when you are coming down, but if you are here before April 1st, I have Legoland coupons, buy 1 adult, get a child free. You can have them if you want them.

We are going May 2-5th but thanks for the advice and offer!

If you're only in town for 3 days...Hang out in Newport Beach and go the the Balboa Fun Zone, beach etc. Too much driving for just 1 day at Legoland...it may be a disappointment after 2 days at DLR...just my opinion, but have a great time!!!:banana: :banana:

no, I think you are right... there was a chance of extending our time in O.C. but I think we will be sticking with our original plan of Tuesday- Saturday.
(we are visiting my grandparents in Santa Maria Sat.-Tues. so we will already have driving involved in this trip!)
thanks!

With smaller kids, Legoland is great. Even my soon to be teen loves it there.

Have a fun vacation!!!!!

Definitely do Legoland. At the age of your kids, my kids liked it better than DLH. DLH just has too many scary characters. Legoland is a lot of fun and doesn't seem to get boring until they are about 9 or 10 years old.

I don't think it will take much more than an hour, provided you don't go during rush hour. I've done similar drives and used to live in SoCal and travel all over it for business. Legoland is in Carlsbad, about a full half hour north of San Diego.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter