drivind to wdw

disneyhottie

Mouseketeer
our family always drive.it takes us approx. 12 hrs. from va.2 options we have used.leaving in the afternoon(no choice,had to work)drive 6 hrs. stop and stay at a hotel.Or leave by 5:00a.m.(which we will do this year)and get there by dinner.Our van does not have a t.v. installed,and this was a long 2 week vacation,to include a lot of fla.We picked up an addaptor from Target,under $60.00 used my sons small t.v.,bought a lot of new vcr tapes.really helped to pass the time.I do not enjoy flying,have done,do not know if I ever will again.good luck!:p :smooth: :jester:

My kids love a "road trip"! We are about 10 1/2 hours away (N.C.) and will be driving again this Thanksgiving. We'll leave very early on Sat. morning and drive to Savannah, Ga.. We've got a room in the historic district and will be able to park and walk all day, see the sites, take a tour and have a nice meal on the waterfront. Then we'll leave early Sun. morning and be at WDW by lunchtime. The kids think this is a great start to our vacation and I enjoy it, too. We once drove 17 1/2 hours to visit family in Canada and drove straight through going home, too. Didn't have any problems. Just depends on what your family likes to do. I have friends that will pay a fortune to fly to avoid a 2 hr. drive.

MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE DRIVEN TO FL FROM MD 2 AND ARE GETTING READY TO DO SO AGAIN NEXT WEEK. WE ALWAYS GO STRAIGHT THRU. WE ACTUALLY GO TO VISIT MY SISTER & HER CHILDREN AND SPEND A DAY AT ONE OF THE ORLANDO PARKS. THIS TIME WE'RE SPENDING 4 DAYS AT DISNEY, THEN GOING TO MY SIS'S. OUR FIRST VACATION AS A COMPLETE FAMILY!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter