Driving from CT to FL

tmaxwell

Mouseketeer
Hi all.

So we are are driving to Disney in August and we have some options on the timing of when we leave. We will be staying with family before we hit the parks and can stay as long as we like.

Last year we drove through the night and it was rough. Our options for this year are as follows:

Leave Thursday night and drive through the night and arrive Friday evening.

Leave early Friday morning (3am or so) and drive all day and arrive in FL late Friday night.

Leave Friday morning (6am) and drive till we hit SC and stay over night. Finish the drive the next day.

Or like last year - leave Friday night and drive straight through.

We will be with our 7 year old and 5 year old. They both slept last year in the car. Opinions welcome!!

I am not one to drive during my sleeping hour so I would leave at 6am.

I live near the CT river along the shoreline, so about 90 min to the NY line.

For us the one time we drove to FL, we stayed at my moms who lives a 1/2 from the NY line. Left at 6a, Took the Merritt and were in NJ by 7. We did not hit traffic.

The following year we followed Waze and it had us going straight thru D.C. (we were taking the auto train) and we hit no traffic. The year we drive we took the east loop.

We did not hit traffic til the Richmond area due to construction. We made it to Santee, SC that first day. We passed out and left around 7 and we're passing thru Orlando at lunch time.

We made it to our destination by around 3-4 pm- Ft Myers, And we were exhausted. I can only imagine how tired we would of been if we drove thru the night.

i guess I would choose whatever is going to make you the least tired.

We have driven frequently, but from NJ. DW has trouble sitting for too long, and doesn't like traveling at night. We usually drive until dark, or SC, whatever comes first. We continue the trip the next day. Yes, it takes longer, streaching it out over two days, but it works for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter