Driving I-95?? Try a visit to St Augustine!!

Uncleromulus

Plain grey will be fine
If you're driving down to WDW and have a few extra hours, may be worth your while to stop and see this VERY historic city. They have a nice "on/off" trolley tour that takes you to almost all of the important places, including the Fountain of Youth.
We've been there 3 times now and Uncleromulus has partaken of the water each time.
Did you know he's 176 years old?:D

You are right, it is a wonderful little town. Long, long, long, long ago when I was a young sailor stationed in Jacksonville we would often take the one hour ride down to St. Augustine because of the great beaches.

Is the trolly easy to find? I haven't been to St. Augustine since I was a kid but I remember a lot of one way streets. My DD studied the fountain of youth this year and I think that would be a fun stop for us.

We stayed 3 nights there one year. What a great place!!! We are definately going to try to go again one of these years. Ate dinner at a French restaraunt, can't remember the name, but SOOOO good!! Nice leisurely multicouse dinner, a little pricey, but FIL was paying:)

bobcat:
The trolley is quite easy to find. I think it has about 20 stops and you can get on/off at any of them.

If you search the WEB on St. Augustine, I believe the trolley has it's own site--.

Thanks! I'll do some checking.

I would recomend a side trip to St. Augustine.DW and I were there this past Sept. and had a great time touring through the city .The telephone # for "The Red" Sightseeing Trains is;
1-800-226-6545
904-829-6545
and website :
www.redtrains.com

Enjoy, Jeff in PA

www.redtrains.com :jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter