DS restaurants with compliant social distancing

cruisin5

DIS Veteran
I know to avoid RR; but which DS restaurants are doing a great job with social distancing?

Boathouse was PACKED so wouldn't recommend that. Food was excellent but the whole place was filled. We were fine, didn't get sick, but I saw zero social distancing there! They offer outside seating so perhaps that is safer.

Frontera Cocina did an excellent job marking off tables that you couldn't use, even outside. Felt very safe there, and was probably the best that we experienced all week. Morimoto's was pretty good, but we were seated at a table right by the lobby and there's not a clear separation of lobby to dining area (no walls, etc.)-- rain came in, and tons of people ran in to the lobby area to wait out the rain and literally stood next to our table, so that wasn't great. I think the other tables were better off.

Raglan Road had good table separation when we were there, but we went at 11 a.m., when they just opened up for brunch, so there might have been 3 other tables there. House of Blues did a good job, had tables and booths marked off. So did Terralina's.

Homecomin' didn't feel like a lot of space between tables, but they also have a covered outside option, perhaps that is better.

We did a resort-only stay at SSR in early July, before the parks opened, and ate a ton at Disney Springs.

Homecoming patio has been great - we have not been inside at all.

Jaleo patio was great - we had to walk through the inside for patio access and they seemed to be spaced out very well.

City Works was spaced well, though we were for weekend brunch and it's not busy there at all so I don't know how they are when they have more demand for tables.

I thought Wine Bar George did a good job with distancing. We had the whole couch area on the second floor to ourselves. There are also a handful of tables on the balcony if you feel safer dining outdoors.

Just there last week. Boathouse, City Works, La Cacina, Polite Pig were all great. Blaze Pizza was horrible in every way, including distances.

We ate at Blaze last month (amazing vegan pizza btw) and spacing was fine. We ate outside but it looked like enough spaces were marked off as unavailable inside and out.

Boathouse has great socially distanced tables.
So just to clarify, you've noticed changes at the Boathouse? I ate there back in July and we were all packed in there. It was uncomfortable and, in my opinion, irresponsible. If I pushed my chair back a bit to get up, I'd hit the back of someone from another party. I know I was far from alone in that experience during that timeframe, but they've made some adjustments?

So just to clarify, you've noticed changes at the Boathouse?
Can't say I noticed changes because I hadn't eaten there since a year or so ago. However, this trip I did pay attention to the distances between tables and yes, there was plenty of room. Sounds like it is a change from your July experience.

Can't say I noticed changes because I hadn't eaten there since a year or so ago. However, this trip I did pay attention to the distances between tables and yes, there was plenty of room. Sounds like it is a change from your July experience.
That’s very encouraging! Thank you for the report!

So just to clarify, you've noticed changes at the Boathouse? I ate there back in July and we were all packed in there. It was uncomfortable and, in my opinion, irresponsible. If I pushed my chair back a bit to get up, I'd hit the back of someone from another party. I know I was far from alone in that experience during that timeframe, but they've made some adjustments?
Was just there 2 weeks ago and although every table was filled, if I had a 6' stick, I wouldn't have been able to touch anyone. It just seems crowded because it's so big with so many rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter