DTD Currently?

Exactly. Places that depend on the walk-by traffic will likely close since traffic will be less. Places that people may come to DTD just to go to that place may stay open and I'm thinking things like the movie theater (but those have their own pressure to close)
There is no movie theater anymore at Downtown Disney. They closed it so they could Not build their new hotel.

From the MP page for Disney Closure Updates, https://mouseplanet.com/12608/Walt_Disney_Company_Operational_Responses_to_COVID19… (3/16/20):

Downtown Disney operates with modified operating hours of 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. on March 16.
Shops
All Disney-owned and operated stores in Downtown Disney will close as of Tuesday, March 17. This closing includes the flagship World of Disney store, as well as The Disney Dress Shop; Disney Home; Disney Pin Traders; Marceline's Confectionery and WonderGround Gallery.
Individual shops and restaurants may have different operating hours and/or may close entirely.
Sephora announced that it is closing its store effective at 5 p.m. on March 17.
Restaurants
On March 15, California recommended all bars and pubs to close, including wine bars and breweries. Restaurants which remain open should reduce their occupancy by half, and the state encourages these businesses to offer take-out and curbside delivery.
The Downtown Disney East Starbucks location has closed, but the West Starbucks location remains open for take-out only.
Black Tap Burgers closed at the end of the business day on March 16.
Splitsville Luxury Lanes closed at 4:00 p.m. on March 16.
All of the Patina Group restaurants in Downtown Disney closed at the end of the business day on March 16. This includes:
  • Catal Restaurant
  • Uva Bar & Cafe
  • Naples Ristorante
  • Napolini
  • Tortilla Jo's
  • Taqueria at Tortilla Jo's
La Brea Bakery closed at the end of the business day on March 16.
Ballast Point Brewing closed at the end of the business day on March 16.
Sprinkles closed at 8:00 p.m. on March 16.
We have not found official statements from the following restaurants, but the Disneyland website lists them as closed effective March 17:
  • Asian Street Eats
  • Earl of Sandwich
  • Jamba
At this time, it appears the only restaurant that will open at Downtown Disney is Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen. In a statement posted on the company website, restauranteur Ralph Brennan says, "Ralph Brennan Restaurant Group remains committed to its patrons in providing a safe environment as we continue to be open for business."

If anyone has any information to add to this (e.g. confirmations, contradictions, etc.), please post!

At this time, it appears the only restaurant that will open at Downtown Disney is Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen. In a statement posted on the company website, restauranteur Ralph Brennan says, "Ralph Brennan Restaurant Group remains committed to its patrons in providing a safe environment as we continue to be open for business."

I can only imagine how weird it would be to go to DTD for dinner when this is the only restaurant open for business. I'm not sure I could do it -- too eerie and too sad.

Salt & Straw here in San Diego switched to ice cream pint delivery. The DTD Salt & Straw shop is now temporarily closed.

I can't see Brennan's getting enough business to stay open. I'm sure there are still employees onsite (security, probably some housekeeping going on, maybe a skeleton crew for the phones) but I can't see that being enough to pay for them to stay open much longer.

If anything is still open in DTD, this (3/17/20) will affect it and any other businesses in the DLR area:
OC to Ban All Public and Private Gatherings Under Emergency Health OrderBars and in-person dining at restaurants also will be prohibited until further notice, under an order scheduled to be issued later Tuesday.voiceofoc.org

The article mentions that take-out and delivery food is still allowed, so Starbucks West II would still be okay and the Jazz Kitchen Express could still operate (if they have enough business). Does anyone know if anything is still open in DTD today?

Well. I have resorted to cooking Disney parks food dupes. So far, I've made the lamplight lounge potato skins 3x. Super good. You can jyst Google it. And dole whips. So. Put on fantasmic in the background and dig in!

Just show up anyway and sneak past security to get in.
If Starbucks West II is still open, there would be no need to sneak at all -- just go through bag check like usual (assuming bag check is even staffed) to get your Starbucks mobile order to go!

If Starbucks West II is still open, there would be no need to sneak at all -- just go through bag check like usual (assuming bag check is even staffed) to get your Starbucks mobile order to go!

I guess you could get into Downtown Disney from the West side, but a vlogger I watch drove all around there and all the parking lots were closed and he tried to walk in from the east. While the gate was open, security told him they were closed and had him leave. So I'm not sure where you would park to get into Downtown Disney.

I guess you could get into Downtown Disney from the West side, but a vlogger I watch drove all around there and all the parking lots were closed and he tried to walk in from the east. While the gate was open, security told him they were closed and had him leave. So I'm not sure where you would park to get into Downtown Disney.
Do you have a date when this happened?
Has anyone out there tried to access DTD from the west (DLH) side? Does anyone know if anything is still open? Please report back with any updates!

Do you have a date when this happened?
Has anyone out there tried to access DTD from the west (DLH) side? Does anyone know if anything is still open? Please report back with any updates!

Starbucks announced the other day all cafe only stores would be closing (licensed stores in places like Target are a different beast). Only drive thru would remain open (but some locations will be completely closing). So definitely neither of the Starbucks should be open at all at this point.

Checked Ralph Brennan's website and I still see the old message, but on their Facebook page it says they closed March 17 and will reopen April 1.

Weren't these the last locations still hanging on?

Starbucks announced the other day all cafe only stores would be closing (licensed stores in places like Target are a different beast). Only drive thru would remain open (but some locations will be completely closing). So definitely neither of the Starbucks should be open at all at this point.

Checked Ralph Brennan's website and I still see the old message, but on their Facebook page it says they closed March 17 and will reopen April 1.

Weren't these the last locations still hanging on?
Thanks for doing the investigating! According to MP, as of 3/19, those were the only two business that claimed they would remain open after DTD closed. But that was before the OC, LA, and CA announcements. So I would guess at this point that DTD is fully closed. But if anyone out there knows anything to the contrary, please post!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter