Duffy the bear??? EPCOT help!

kmdisney2017

Earning My Ears
Hi all,
My daughter LOVES Duffy the Epcot bear. We planned a trip a few days ago for next week (last minute!), and just found out that Duffy no longer does his meet and greets at Epcot. Is Duffy still in the parks? Do they still sell Duffy bear merchandise at the parks? Or did they completely do away with his character? Please if anybody knows what the deal is, let me know!

Hi all,
My daughter LOVES Duffy the Epcot bear. We planned a trip a few days ago for next week (last minute!), and just found out that Duffy no longer does his meet and greets at Epcot. Is Duffy still in the parks? Do they still sell Duffy bear merchandise at the parks? Or did they completely do away with his character? Please if anybody knows what the deal is, let me know!

They sell the Duffy and female version at EPCOT, and a small selection of the clothing there too. The clothing can only be found in World Showcase though - definitely at the two gift shops that are at the FW entrance to WS, maybe a few other places too, but we didn't really look.

Look in Mousegears in EP which is the largest gift shop in the park. That's the last place we've seen his items. Unfortunately, Duffy no longer meets and his merchandise presence has diminished as well.

There was a Duffy/ShellieMae display in the gift shop when you exit Figment... as of Jan 2017. I bought a Stitch costume.

We saw duffy bear merchandise at Epcot and at MK Emporium. They also still do his passport so at certain countries kids could color, we never saw a passport stamper though, just looked like kids coloring at tables.

Look in Mousegears in EP which is the largest gift shop in the park. That's the last place we've seen his items. Unfortunately, Duffy no longer meets and his merchandise presence has diminished as well.

Mousegear did not have the outfits, just the bears, when we were there last week. Didn't see any Duffy stuff at Figment either. Maybe they are phasing him out?

My daughter is a huge Duffy fan. Sadly, he no longer does meet and greets at either WDW or DL. You have to go to Aulani or one of the International parks to actually meet him. They no longer have the World Showcase outfits for him and have not had those in several years. He no longer has his own store. In the bigger gift shops in the parks, you can usually find a few outfits as well as a couple of versions of him and Shellie Mae. He definitely does not have much of a presence at WDW anymore, and has not for the last couple of years. My DD was so excited when we went to Aulani last summer because he is huge there- his meet and greets had the longest lines of the characters we saw and they had a ton of Duffy/Shellie merchandise.

Aren't Duffy and his friends a WAY bigger deal in the Parks in Japan?

Duffy and his friends are HUGE in Japan, and pretty popular in China too. Aulani has a large number of visitors from Japan so it has a big Duffy presence.

Yes they still sell Duffy plus have some Duffy penny press options around the showcases. We just got back and I think Germany's little shop had the most options for Stuffed Duffy bears.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter