Dumb question about sneakers at WDW

Claudia Kellenberger

DIS Veteran
This may seem like a dumb question but I'll explain.......

I always prefer to have good supporting sneakers/walking shoes
most of the time, including WDW. My favorite sneakers have leather uppers. I have a favorite brand and so I even order them on-line. I usually wear black sneakers with black socks,it just blends in with my clothes better. What if I ordered my shoes in white this time and wear white socks ?

Do you think that just changing my shoe color to white would help to keep my feet cooler ? Would black or white shoes make any difference ?

Does anyone have an opinion on this ? I will be at WDW the first week of December.

I think its unlikely to make a noticeable difference in December. Now if you were going in July, it might help a bit.

Steve

I always wear good walking shoes/sneakers and socks too. I've found that if you're used to wearing them all the time anyway, then there's not really a problem with feet getting excessively hot, or at least I don't notice a difference. White absorbs less heat as a general rule if that helps any at all.

Kelly

I don't think that your sock color will affect how cool your feet are. Dark colors make things hotter because of the light waves they absorb, since there is no light to absorb inside your shoes your feet shouldnt heat up more than normal. Your ankles on the other hand:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter