Dumbo ride at WDW magic kingdom

I asked them that on live chat and they said we won't be allowed to ride Dumbo ride if we haven't got any children.
Have you ever asked them on live chat before if we could ride the Dumbo ride if we haven't got children and they said no you won't be able to ride it?
It makes me sad to tell you that Disney phone representatives and live chat are notorious for giving out incorrect information. As above, you'll be better off asking the CM at Dumbo when you're there - if you can't already see any adults riding without kids before you get to talk to the CM. Disney does not have any rides that prohibit adults without kids from riding. (Universal does - I'd love to ride the Pteranodon Flyers but have never been there with anyone who met the height requirement.)

I asked them that on live chat and they said we won't be allowed to ride Dumbo ride if we haven't got any children.
Have you ever asked them on live chat before if we could ride the Dumbo ride if we haven't got children and they said no you won't be able to ride it?
this is 100% false. This was the reason Walt made Disneyland, was so that he could ride with his kids instead of watching them ride. I am in my 50's and I have ridden Dumbo (and the Barnstormer and all other kiddie rides) solo, and with my adult children.

we just had an adult guy solo ride every working ride at all Disney parks recently including Dumbo. I have personally ridden Dumbo numerous times without kids as adult.

Thank you everyone so it's probably the live chat don't have much knowledge about rides and attractions they probably best to only use the live chat for hotel and ticket enquiries only.
I'm going to see the time slots available for Dumbo ride if there's a slots available I'll purchase genie plus but if not I'm happy to wait patiently in standby lane for the Dumbo ride.

Last edited:
I ride it every trip with no kids. Walt Disney World is for everyone. Don't give it another thought.

Thank you everyone so it's probably the live chat don't have much knowledge about rides and attractions they probably best to only use the live chat for hotel and ticket enquiries only.
I'm going to see the time slots available for Dumbo ride if there's a slots available I'll purchase genie plus but if not I'm happy to wait patiently in standby lane for the Dumbo ride.

Dumbo a great rope drop ride even on busy days you can usually ride many times in a row with minimal waits.

The only things adults are restricted from are play areas with a posted maximum height, paying childrens prices at AYCTE restaurant, wearing costumes except for Halloween parties though you can do bounding, and buying kids meals at some sit downs that are not owned/operated by Disney. You can ride whatever you want, buy kids meals at most locations, meet characters, ask cast members with stickers for a few, and whatever else you want that at other places may be considered something for kids only. That’s the fun of Disney is you don’t have to skip things because you aren’t a kid. Adults need to have fun too.

There shouldn't be any problem about riding the Dumbo ride at any Disney parks a lot of adults ride the Dumbo ride with their children or adults without children.
I went to Legoland Windsor and I haven't got any children and I went on lot's of smaller rides than the Dumbo ride iat Disney I went on aero normad, destiny's bounty and duplo dino coaster and didn't have any problems.
Yes you'll be ok to the Dumbo ride it's actually a popular ride at Disney.

I will add a cautionary tale about what happened to me last year riding this as a solo adult:

The posted wait was around 35 minutes or so when I entered the queue. They were using the playground as part of the wait and giving out pagers so obviously I couldn't skip it and just sat on one of the benches at the edge for the wait. At least it was nice to be out of the sun and able to sit down. Around 30-45 minutes go by and I notice the playground was getting less and less crowded and I still hadn't been called. I went up to the CM at the entrance/exit and found out that my pager had never been entered into the system so it would have never gone off. I told them that I had been there for 30-45 minutes and they sent me into the second half of the line to the ride.

I would suggest taking a picture of the pager number with your phone so you have a timestamp of when you entered in case this happens to anyone else.

The problem with that ride is the long wait times. Have the wait times dropped since they added a second one?

I rode by myself. The CMs didn't care. But it made me very motion sick. Never again.

OMG. If Disney ever started deeming that adults were “too old” to do rides like Dumbo unless they had kids with them, poor old Walt would start spinning in his grave so fast it would probably throw the Earth out of orbit.

Last edited:
Do you remember the exact question you asked on chat? It doesn't necessarily surprise me if they gave you the wrong info, but I have to believe there was some sort of mixup in the question or answer. There would be no reason to give an answer like this unless they thought you asked something about playing on the Dumbo playground.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter