dvc and conc. level

the who #3

DIS Veteran
is there any possibility that dvc villas will ever have a conc. level or conc. lounge that membs can pay to par-take of if they want to? i think it would be great. i am getting older and may not always want to go to the parks with the kids, especially on really hot days, and i would love to enjoy a conc. lounge on those days. :goodvibes

is there any possibility that dvc villas will ever have a conc. level or conc. lounge that membs can pay to par-take of if they want to? i think it would be great. i am getting older and may not always want to go to the parks with the kids, especially on really hot days, and i would love to enjoy a conc. lounge on those days. :goodvibes

Our conceirge lounge is called our living room and kitchen :rotfl2:

Honestly I doubt that will ever occur but if it does it will happen at VAK.

Some seem to think it will happen at the AKV. The rooms that are being converted from cash accommodations to DVC are apparently on the floors where Concierge services were offered to cash guests.

Personally I'm not certain how the finances of it would work. If Concierge is an amenity included with the room, it would have to be funded by member dues. How do you make all of the owners at AKV share funding for an amenity that is accessible only to those staying in the 130+ refurbished lodge rooms?

The alternative would be to make it a pay-for-play option where members would have to purchase the Concierge add-on separately. Is there really enough interest to justify Disney running such an operation?

While DVC certainly could make it work if they wanted to, I'm not sure that "timeshare" and "Concierge" are concepts that go hand-in-hand. In my mind, the timeshare concept is more about ownership. It's about having a small vacation apartment for a week or so that one cares for as if it were their home (limited housekeeping, washer/dryer for laundry, in-room kitchen for dining, cleaning implements, etc.) Concierge is more about paying premium prices for another level of pampering.

But, if DVC wanted to broaden its appeal, I'm sure there is a segment of the population who would have greater interest in DVC if Concierge level services were offered.

Our conceirge lounge is called our living room and kitchen :rotfl2:

Honestly I doubt that will ever occur but if it does it will happen at VAK.

The Declaration of Condominium for AKV recorded last week confirms that there will be DVC rooms with access to the concierge lounge. Unfortunately, this appears to be needed becuase the floor plan for the DVC rooms in the exsting building all appear to be either a studio or a 2 BR consisting of 2 connecting studios (no living room). Each room has a mini-kitchen.

So for all those who have been wanting connecting studios, they may have arrived at the AKVs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter