DVC Dues

Yes - right on the website. It's been a good way to save on dues the last few years.

Absolutely, it is the only form of payment we have used. I am not sure if you have ever used the Disney Gift Card website, but you can combine gift cards and put up to $1000 on a gift card. It makes it easier when making a larger transaction.

Absolutely, it is the only form of payment we have used. I am not sure if you have ever used the Disney Gift Card website, but you can combine gift cards and put up to $1000 on a gift card. It makes it easier when making a larger transaction.
Sorry for the naive question — but what’s the benefit of doing this? I’ve heard that you can buy the Dis GCs at Target @ 5% off at certain times...is that the only benefit?

Sorry for the naive question — but what’s the benefit of doing this? I’ve heard that you can buy the Dis GCs at Target @ 5% off at certain times...is that the only benefit?

We live in Pittsburgh and about once a quarter our local grocery store/gas station offers double fuel perks on gift card purchases, which amounts to 11% savings for us. On top of that when I use our Sam's Club MasterCard to buy the gift cards we get an additional 5% cash back. So when we use gift cards we are saving 16%.

There have been a number of deals over the last few years - especially around November or so. I can use rewards from my Citi credit card to get Target gift cards to turn into Disney cards. Also, Amex has had several deals like 10% to 20% off purchases at places like Lowe's hardware, Bed Bath & Beyond, Staples and Best Buy (among others) which haven't excluded Disney gcs purchased at those retailers. I think Target has offered 10% off $250 around Black Friday also. I suspect the rules may change at some point but it has added up.

There's a Disney gift card thread over on the budget board if you are looking for ideas...

We live in Pittsburgh and about once a quarter our local grocery store/gas station offers double fuel perks on gift card purchases, which amounts to 11% savings for us. On top of that when I use our Sam's Club MasterCard to buy the gift cards we get an additional 5% cash back. So when we use gift cards we are saving 16%.
We are in Kentucky. This is what we do. But we wait until they offer 4x fuel points in April, May, or June when my Chase Freedom card also offers 5% cashback. For every $1000, we get $50 cashback plus $140 in free gas. That's a 19% savings.

Can you explain further on this? Trying to learn any savings tips. Thanks

I made the mistake of jumping on a couple of deals on Disney GCs to basically get about 15% off on my dues for next year. It wasn't until after the fact that I realized I was negating any savings by having that volume of cash sitting around earning 0% interest. The trouble is at some point, you end up locking away a bunch of money in anticipation of using it in the future for dues.

If you can time it right, as @chalee94 mentioned, around Black Friday deals, the money isn't tied up for long, but otherwise, any % savings is diminished as cash is locked away in the Mouse's pockets.

Where can you earn 15% in less than a year?
My liquid sits in FUSVX (mirrors S&P 500) and yielded a 20% return last year and an average of 13% over the last 5 years. That certainly minimizes my net savings sitting in a gift card.

But who knows? Market could implode and my savings could exceed 15%. Point is savings are not as clear cut when money is tied up in a gift card for an extended period of time.

I've done it the last 2 or 3 years. Around Thanksgiving, my grocery store does double fuel perks, I buy them then and then combine to pay the dues. The first year they also gave a $10 store coupon for every $100 gift card purchase, I really made out because I needed about $1600 worth. I pull money out of my 1% earning savings account. It gets replaced when my tax return comes in.

Around Black Friday this year I'll be looking for deals onDisney Gift Cards since I'll have annual maintenance fees to pay in Jan. I'm guessing this forum will unit to find the best deal.

5% off of $2k adds up. And yes it is the only benefit.

I have not used Disney gift cards to pay dvc but using the target 5% off is not the only benefit. There are ways to earn gift cards through sites like Swagbucks and apps. I am earning free gift cards for an upcoming trip. Thinking about continuing after my trip to pay my dues.
- I use Swagbucks to get target gc which I use to get disney gc.
- my ebates cash is going towards disney gc
- bing rewards is a slow earner but very easy
- apps like Fetch, shopkicks, dabble, and receipt hog are also slow owners but get me some disney spending money
- using my Discover it cashback for disney gc now too. But after my trip I probably won't use this.

I have not used Disney gift cards to pay dvc but using the target 5% off is not the only benefit. There are ways to earn gift cards through sites like Swagbucks and apps. I am earning free gift cards for an upcoming trip. Thinking about continuing after my trip to pay my dues.
- I use Swagbucks to get target gc which I use to get disney gc.
- my ebates cash is going towards disney gc
- bing rewards is a slow earner but very easy
- apps like Fetch, shopkicks, dabble, and receipt hog are also slow owners but get me some disney spending money
- using my Discover it cashback for disney gc now too. But after my trip I probably won't use this.
can you combine savings? Example ebates do you earn when getting gift cards?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter