• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Grand Floridian vs. Poly

Jaxy0408

Earning My Ears
See me and wife are going for a few days in May (no kids). We always wanted to stay at GF but now that Poly is open temped to jump ship and stay there. We will be staying in a studio. I never thought we get a chance to stay at GF but right now it is booked. But on the other hand Poly is brand new and I like the proximity to the TTC. We have stayed at BLT with kids for last few years and SSR. We did stay at regular poly room 15 years ago, and thought it was nice. So on the fence GF looks beautiful but so does Poly......Give me some advice or talk me into one over the other.

thanks Jaxy

I would try for VGF and if you can't get it, anywhere but the poly. We learned our lesson to never stay at a new resort for the first year. Still under construction, problems to be fixed and CM's that don't know what's going on.

:earsboy: Bill

If you already have a room at VGF, I would kept it. It is hard to get into VGF. We loved our stay at VGF and hope one to stay there again. You can always walk over the Poly to dine and see the sites. And then next time you two travel alone check out the Poly studios then. Or get connecting studios and stay there with the family.

I agree with disneynutz...new hotels do have some growing pains. I own and stay at VGF - it is truly Grand! Totally worth it and those studios are hard to come by.

We just came back from a stay at VGF and loved it. While there we walked over to Poly because I was considering changing our May 1 SSR reservation to Poly, but after seeing and hearing the construction we won't be staying there this soon, maybe next year. We could hear construction from VGF.

I think Poly will be difficult to book once sold because of Bungalow points chasing studios. Even with a lot of studios, I think there'll be more Poly points chasing those studios at 11 months than available studios.

Key point: once sold out. In the meantime, there are many more Poly rooms than Poly points sold.

You have time to stay at Poly.

If you already have VGF rooms booked, I wouldn't trade those difficult to book rooms for what is currently a wide open Poly.

Book Poly next year.

We're booked for 2 nights in September's end and hoping since the pool should be open by then that much of the outside construction will be accomplished

Thanks for everyone's input. VGF it is. I don't want to deal with all the construction right now, since me ad wife looking for a nice relaxing vacation.

We're booked for 2 nights in September's end and hoping since the pool should be open by then that much of the outside construction will be accomplished

I'm afraid you're wrong. After the volcano pool is finished, the other pool is going to be completely torn out and replaced. That should start sometime in April and not be finished till early 2016.

Thanks for everyone's input. VGF it is. I don't want to deal with all the construction right now, since me ad wife looking for a nice relaxing vacation.

Smart decision, you are paying premium dollar for your vacation and construction ruins the magic that is so much a part of the Disney experience.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter