DVC incidentials

ecualumni06

Earning My Ears
New to dvc resorts is there incidential charges charged to a credit card upon arrival. If so how much is it one fee across the board and if not how is charging to the room done.

Particularly at Aulani

There are no incidental fees charged. If you decide you want the optional daily housekeeping or something like that you would pay extra. Because Aulani is in Hawaii, there is a transient tax that is charged to your cc when you check in. In Hawaii, you pay this charge no matter what hotel/timeshare you stay in.

So you would just get a bill at the end of your stay with all your charges hat you may have charged to your room.

So you would just get a bill at the end of your stay with all your charges hat you may have charged to your room.

That is correct. If you don't charge anything to your room then you will not have any charges when you check out. That was just the greatest thing to me when we had our first DVC stays, a bill with a zero balance hanging on the door at the end of our stay. After staying in hotel rooms for so long, this made it feel like we had a "free" trip. :rotfl2:

Yes and no...

You need to leave a credit card on file to have room charging. On the night before you check out, the resort will process all your charges against the card on file. In the past, they would leave your final bill hanging in an envelope on the door. If you have an email address on file in your DVC account, though, they now email you your final bill instead.

If you reach the $2000 credit limit before your last night, you may have a room charge denied. If this happens, you can call or go to the front desk and ask them to process the charges against your card. This will reset you back to being able to use room charges again. The $2000 credit limit has nothing to do with your own credit rating or what's available for charging on your credit card. The amount is set based on whether the resort is a value, moderate, or deluxe. DVC resorts are all in the deluxe category, and get the $2000 limit.

If you want to use cash, gift cards, Disney Rewards cards, or split charges onto multiple credit cards to pay your room charges, go to the front desk and do it before check out. It's much easier to do this before they've already charged off your balance to your credit card. (Reversing the credit card charge requires a manager's intervention on the morning of check-out.) We usually go down early evening on the night before we leave to use all our Disney Visa Reward dollars.

Also, to your original question... the responses provided are true if you are a DVC member or the guest of a DVC member (including if you're renting points from a member). The only location that has a fee in these cases is Alunai. If you're trading into DVC via RCI, however, there will be a $95 fee at any DVC resort when you check in.

You need to leave a credit card on file to have room charging.

They ask you but you don't have to and I never do! We're DVC pros, we don't charge anything to the room, we don't charge calls. I prefer to pay as I go for resaurants, gifts etc.! On check-out day I call to make sure there were none (and there never are) and then we pack up and go home! No need to go to HH, just off we go!

I remember our 1st DVC stay (14 years ago), using a friends DVC. I was scared that the resv. wouldn't be there, that there would be something to pay for! Nope, just show up with your toothbrush and you're good to go!

I believe the credit limit for deluxe resorts is $1500 not $2000. On several trips I've went, when I approached $1500 before the end of my stay they would run the transactions through automatically at night. That way I didn't have any issues the following day for going over limit. This has been my experience at GF, YC, and BCV.

They ask you but you don't have to and I never do! We're DVC pros, we don't charge anything to the room, we don't charge calls. I prefer to pay as I go for resaurants, gifts etc.! On check-out day I call to make sure there were none (and there never are) and then we pack up and go home! No need to go to HH, just off we go!

What you quoted said "You need to leave a credit card on file to have room charging.", which is correct. In order to have room charging, you have to leave a CC on file. You don't charge to the room, so you don't leave the CC. :)

Normally if you hit the $1500 limit they charge it automatically and give you a receipt on your door so it shouldn't interfere with your charging privileges.

Normally if you hit the $1500 limit they charge it automatically and give you a receipt on your door so it shouldn't interfere with your charging privileges.
I've had both happen. I've had the charge go through automatically when we were getting close, and never had a disruption to charging. I've also had charges denied, and needed to have the clerk/waiter help me contact the resort to get room charges processed off to my credit card. I usually don't carry anything other than my room key for charging when we're in the parks, unless it's the Epcot day that we know we're going to do the Disney Visa photos.

I always buy Disney Cards at Target. With several different discounts, I get them for 20% off. For long stays I go to the front desk every other night and pay off the bill or just the night before check out.

I always buy Disney Cards at Target. With several different discounts, I get them for 20% off. For long stays I go to the front desk every other night and pay off the bill or just the night before check out.

Do tell! How do you get up to the 20% mark?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter