DVC member visiting first time solo.

Rumpled

Earning My Ears
First time divorced DVC member ( identifies as White, male) traveling in January 24.
Thoughts on dining? Golf? Platonic meeting?

A tip for dining, try searching and booking for 2. I've found it is often available when I search for 2 instead of 1. Just check-in as one when the time arrives - I've never had a problem doing it this way.

I'm a fan of dining solo both at the bar and also with some table reservations. Agree with the previous poster that searching for reservations as a party of 2 usually will result in more options. I have hit both Ogas and Trader Sams solo and had a blast. Both have a lot of people - and I've usually wound up having fun with random new Disney friends. Boathouse has been great solo as has Hollywood Brown Derby. During Epcot festivals I always invite people to join me at a stand up table in the World Showcase and have meet great people. Enjoy - while I love my trips with friends and family - my solo trips are my favorites!

I can only speak for dining. I've been a solo traveler for many years now. Dining has ranged from counter service to sit-downs to even character meals. All have been fine experiences. I've had no problems finding someone to chat with from time to time. And as mentioned previously, when making arrangements, you might have to request for 2 people. It's not an issue to check in as a single. Have fun!!

A tip for dining, try searching and booking for 2. I've found it is often available when I search for 2 instead of 1. Just check-in as one when the time arrives - I've never had a problem doing it this way.
I'd even suggest searching for bookings of 3 ~ 4. I've had cases where there was no availability for 2 but opened up when 4 was chosen. After booking I've then gone back in and reduced it to 1 or 2.

Thank you all. How do you find a solo to wander in the park or play a round of golf

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter