• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Members cruise Oct 5-12 2019 to Bermuda/Boston!!!

Here in Virginia we were sunny and 65 today but a cold front came thru and it is on its way down to the 20’s tonight with a high in the 30’s tomorrow. Nothing compared to our northern friends but the temperature shift makes everything ache. Was at WDW last month and the temperature was all over the place. Next vacation is the cruise in October so have to enjoy other people’s fun vicariously.

We came to FL Jan 31, and the temperature has hit 80 maybe once or twice, but no rain like our friends have had in Dayton OH. There’s been a lot of flooding there. I see it is spritzing here in Vero with the sun trying to break through.

Sorry the temperatures shifts are painful, looking forward to spring! I do think I’m fighting a cold. I think I am winning, the FL oranges are helping.

It seems like Pennsylvania has been freezing for over a month with a few "summer like" days of 60s interspersed here and there. It's playing havoc with my allergies. My next vacation is the Member Cruise also and I can't wait. I'm getting jealous of the West Coast information they've been sharing. I get it since, not only are they first, they seem to have plenty of availability. Ours is almost sold out.

My friends in Levittown PA agree with what you’re saying. Those warm days are such a tease.

I think I read 10% was left for the Pacific Coast Cruise.

I had not realized your bc stood for British Columbia, here, I was thinking Beach Club. You’ll be coming a long way for this Member Cruise. Congratulations on your upcoming Anniversary!

Thank you! When my husband said how should we celebrate our 15th, I told him "gotta go back to Alaska!" No airfare for us for that one :)

We are lucky as we are just outside of Vancouver, so there are several direct flights into the NY area every day of the week, so we'll be doing a direct flight into EWR I think.

My friends in Levittown PA agree with what you’re saying. Those warm days are such a tease.

I think I read 10% was left for the Pacific Coast Cruise.
I’m 40 min away from Levittown in Hatfield. Small world!!

I check the DVC site on occasion. They show two categories as limited and the others as available. There’s also the prominent BOOK NOW. Where do you get your scoop? I love reading through Disney sites.

I’m 40 min away from Levittown in Hatfield. Small world!!

I check the DVC site on occasion. They show two categories as limited and the others as available. There’s also the prominent BOOK NOW. Where do you get your scoop? I love reading through Disney sites.
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...e-to-celebrate-walt-disney-like-never-before/

That states there are less than 10% staterooms left on the Pacific Coast Cruise and gives some hints of activities.

I'm in Maryland and it's hard to believe last week we hit 60 and this morning it's a wintery mix outside. We leave in a couple of weeks for the Caribbean on a RCCL cruise, so much looking forward to getting away from this weather. It's all over the country my son, who now lives in Hawaii was saying that they went down to 40 in the evening last week with heavy storms over the weekend. My other son who lives in Texas was telling us about it snowing last week, didn't do anything but it still snowed. You don't think of Texas getting snow.

Come on SPRING!!

Has anyone booked the ABD? One of our group of 5 is especially interested. I will find out more information tomorrow. Today I am still unpacking.

Has anyone booked the ABD? One of our group of 5 is especially interested. I will find out more information tomorrow. Today I am still unpacking.

I would love to know more about this, though I think it's out of price range. One day we will do an ABD!

Haha oops, well there goes that ;-) Would still love to hear from people that have done it though :flower1:
Agree!
So, one friend and I have decided to book two nights in NYC, and do things on my own. Maybe we will do Hop on Hop off for the full day we will have.
My one must do is go to the site where George Washington was inaugurated.
https://www.nps.gov/feha/index.htm
My friend will make a list of her must sees.
Just learned my sister who will also be on this cruise will join us.

Last edited:
Agree!
So, one friend and I have decided to book two nights in NYC, and do things on my own. Maybe we will do Hop on Hop off for the full day we will have.
My one must do is go to the site where George Washington was inaugurated.
https://www.nps.gov/feha/index.htm
My friend will make a list of her must sees.
Just learned my sister who will also be on this cruise will join us.
I’ll be in NYC two days ahead as well, seeing a couple of shows and meeting with a friend who lives upstate on Friday. We haven’t yet decided what we will be doing in the city that day. You will have fun deciding, there is SO much to choose from.

Haha oops, well there goes that ;-) Would still love to hear from people that have done it though :flower1:
We did the DVC AbD in NYC before the member cruise to Canada in 2016. It was an amazing time - saw several things we likely would not have done on our own. The broadway show was Aladdin; several of the cast came out to talk with our group after the show. Th theatre tour and backstage stuff was fun and interesting. They’ve shortened the time in NYC as ours was four nights not two. Ours included Harlem & the Apollo Theatre, which I don’t see mentioned on the DVC Member cruise website. It was first class all the way.

We did the DVC AbD in NYC before the member cruise to Canada in 2016. It was an amazing time - saw several things we likely would not have done on our own. The broadway show was Aladdin; several of the cast came out to talk with our group after the show. Th theatre tour and backstage stuff was fun and interesting. They’ve shortened the time in NYC as ours was four nights not two. Ours included Harlem & the Apollo Theatre, which I don’t see mentioned on the DVC Member cruise website. It was first class all the way.

Awww man that sounds amazing!

WOOHOO.....just booked today! There was a cancellation, so we were able to grab the room. The wait list actually worked! We originally booked October 12-17, but there was no hesitation in dumping that and grabbing this one. Always wanted to do a MC and being out of NYC, it's a no-brainer for us. We live on the east end of Long Island. Last October we went north from NYC to Saint John, NB, but the weather was terrible as Tropical Storm Michael accompanied us and made for a real rough ride (complete with barf bags on the tables in Palo). We have been members of DVC since 1999 and we are Platinum cruisers. Looking forward to this cruise!

PS -- I'm not seeing, or probably looking in the wrong spot, but are there any excursions posted yet for Boston?

WOOHOO.....just booked today! There was a cancellation, so we were able to grab the room. The wait list actually worked! We originally booked October 12-17, but there was no hesitation in dumping that and grabbing this one. Always wanted to do a MC and being out of NYC, it's a no-brainer for us. We live on the east end of Long Island. Last October we went north from NYC to Saint John, NB, but the weather was terrible as Tropical Storm Michael accompanied us and made for a real rough ride (complete with barf bags on the tables in Palo). We have been members of DVC since 1999 and we are Platinum cruisers. Looking forward to this cruise!

PS -- I'm not seeing, or probably looking in the wrong spot, but are there any excursions posted yet for Boston?
:welcome:

By pretending to book a seven night Bermuda cruise that stops in Boston, some port adventures do come up. It gives an idea of what they have planned for that cruise.

Last edited:
:welcome:

By pretending to book a seven night Bermuda cruise that stops in Boston, some port adventures do come up. It gives an idea of what they have planned for that cruise.

Oh thank you! Although we've been to Boston several times, hoping for this NYY fan who bleeds pinstripes to find a tour at Fenway.

I think the port adventures for Boston are actually listed under the Trans Atlantic excusions? Something weird like that.

And welcome aboard @QuiltTeddy

Thank you! So excited that we were finally able to get a room. To top it off, perfect location in our book.

Is anyone of the Admins from the group on FB able to actually let me into the group there, please?

Is anyone of the Admins from the group on FB able to actually let me into the group there, please?
if you haven’t already, submit a request to Join Group on FB. You answer a few easy trip related questions and they’ll grant you access.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter