DVC members (spouses) having separate DVC site accounts

bks9581

DVC Home: BWV and SSR
My husband and I are both listed on our DVC membership, however my Disney account is what is used for the DVC site/logging in. This means it does not show up as an affiliation for him on his MDE account. My understanding is that he would need his own DVC site account to make that possible. Is that an easy thing to set up? I know when we first joined DVC, I had to wait for a code to complete my account. Would doing this involve contacting member services? Do most people just share one site account?

I've Googled this and also searched the boards here and can't quite find an answer to my question since it returning results for actual memberships and not site accounts. Obviously this is not a big issue and something I'm not willing to be on hold for hours for. Just curious.

TIA!

Send an email to MA and he can request his information to set up. I’d say call MS
As they may have it too but the wait times are long.

And to add, member services handles this by phone call too. However, me and my wife needed to be on the phone at the same time for them to give us the second number. They wanted me to tell them it was ok for them to assign my wife a code to set up her account. Not quite sure why, since we are both listed as owners, but that is how it worked. With phone call waits so long with MS, it would be maddening to have to call back because you both weren't there at the same time.

And to add, member services handles this by phone call too. However, me and my wife needed to be on the phone at the same time for them to give us the second number. They wanted me to tell them it was ok for them to assign my wife a code to set up her account. Not quite sure why, since we are both listed as owners, but that is how it worked. With phone call waits so long with MS, it would be maddening to have to call back because you both weren't there at the same time.

Thank you for this tip. I think I'm holding off on doing anything that involves calling member services. This is something definitely not worth waiting on hold for! :crazy2:

I feel like I set up my husband's without having to call. But it was a couple of years ago, so I'm sorry I don't remember exactly how I did it. I just know I did because he saw the tapstile turn purple with mine and wanted to know why his didn't :rolleyes:

we are 'new' members, buying our DVC in July of last year. I don't remember exactly how we did it, but we both have our own accounts with DVC. We can both manage DVC reservations and points. When we make a DVC reservation, we have to go over to MDE to link it, so that it shows up there - when I do that it tries to match our names - they are in all caps in the DVC account and maybe that is why?

You can do this without member services.
Log on to Disneyworld.com... click “Welcome (your name)” up at the top. Then select “Membership & Passes” and “Add another Disney Vacation Club Membership”.

You can do this without member services.
Log on to Disneyworld.com... click “Welcome (your name)” up at the top. Then select “Membership & Passes” and “Add another Disney Vacation Club Membership”.

I actually tried this first, but for DVC, it asks for your DVC log in and warns you that you will move the affiliation from any account it is currently tied to. So it can only be on one person's MDE/Disney account.

I actually tried this first, but for DVC, it asks for your DVC log in and warns you that you will move the affiliation from any account it is currently tied to. So it can only be on one person's MDE/Disney account.
That’s odd because I followed that process for my Dh and myself and it worked perfectly to link both our accounts. Purple light every time for both of us ! This was a couple years ago that I did that so maybe it’s changed since then.

This should also work using the 3-way calling feature on the smart phone, right?

I'm not sure, but since you need your membership information to confirm who you are first, it is worth a try.

If you bought direct and still have their info, consider reaching out to your salesperson. We bought resale pre-pandemic and since then, have only ever used my disney/DVC account. But after adding direct points a couple months back, I had our sales rep generate the activation code for my wife's account. We can log in with both accounts and it seems like there are no problems so I know it is entirely possible.

(OK, there's one weird problem. I can't get the site to send her a blue card in her name. And it also lists her expiration date as different from mine. Our sales rep directed me to contact members@disneyvacationclub.com to get this fixed. Still waiting for an answer after >2 days...)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter