DVC MNSSHP Deal

WRLeGrand

Mouseketeer
I saw on FB where some people had already called to Customer Service for Disney and were given the dates for the Halloween party. What was the discount for DVC last year for the party? I believe it was a percentage off (on certain days). Just thinking ahead!

Thanks!

2018 MNSSHP dates from the Disney Parks Blog LINK:
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Dates
  • August 17, 24, 28, 31
  • September 3, 7, 9, 11, 14, 16, 18, 21, 23, 25, 28, 30
  • October 2, 4, 5, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 19, 21, 23, 25, 26, 28, 30, 31
Returning treats include the “Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular” stage show in front of Cinderella Castle featuring the mischievous Sanderson sisters from the hit Disney film “Hocus Pocus” (my favorite Halloween film), Mickey’s “Boo-to-You” Halloween Parade and “Happy HalloWishes,” the fall spectacular led by the infamous Disney villains!

Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party tickets start at $75 in advance or $85 at the gate, if available.

Last years pricing can be found here (should be updated soon with 2018 pricing): http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/halloween.htm

Are there any DVC or annual pass holder discounts for this event? Didn’t see anything about it at the link. Will the event on Halloween night sell out quickly?

Also If we don’t go to the event on Halloween night, is there anything special at WDW for Halloween? Or should we really try to go that night?

Thanks!

Last edited:

That is why I came to post here...was wondering if anyone knew when the on-line sales and DVC pricing might go live...

In the past the DVC discount is for nights in August and September. The discount would not apply for days they have no problem selling such as Halloween night. As I recall the discount was only around $4-$5 per ticket.

As far as other things going on there is usually things at Disney Springs and the resorts on Halloween Night.

In the past the DVC discount is for nights in August and September. The discount would not apply for days they have no problem selling such as Halloween night. As I recall the discount was only around $4-$5 per ticket.

As far as other things going on there is usually things at Disney Springs and the resorts on Halloween Night.
They have had discounted some October dates in the past as well (we went the past 2 years with DVC discounted tickets) but they always end like 2 weeks before Halloween.

These parties do not sell out that quickly. Halloween will but I think it's happened maybe on August at the earliest? Might even have been September. The discounts have gotten to be less than in the past.

Last edited:
Thanks for of your info. Assuming the event itself is exactly the same on October 31st right? Trying to
Figure out if I want to be cheap and save $31 per person by going a couple days before Halloween.

Someone mentioned the resorts do stuff for Halloween before. Hoping the boardwalk would offer something.

Thanks for of your info. Assuming the event itself is exactly the same on October 31st right? Trying to
Figure out if I want to be cheap and save $31 per person by going a couple days before Halloween.

Someone mentioned the resorts do stuff for Halloween before. Hoping the boardwalk would offer something.
In the past, Boardwalk has had some things on the Village Lawn. I recall some trick or treat stations for the little ones, a DJ, etc. Saw lots of little princesses and pirates on the Boardwalk that night. It was a few years ago, though. Don't know if they still have something.

Kenny the Pirate has a list of what resort activites were in 2016 just so you get an idea.

http://www.kennythepirate.com/2016/10/04/halloween-activities-for-various-walt-disney-world-resorts/

And yes - the party on the 31st is the same as other nights.

Thanks for the feedback. Think it may be better to go to the event a few days before Halloween and enjoy all the fun stuff at the resort!

Thanks for the feedback. Think it may be better to go to the event a few days before Halloween and enjoy all the fun stuff at the resort!
that's what I would do. The 10/31 event will sell out for sure - it always does. It's possible that the earlier ones will not (although for the past several years the ones closest to Halloween sell out, too).

Have fun!

I saw on FB where some people had already called to Customer Service for Disney and were given the dates for the Halloween party. What was the discount for DVC last year for the party? I believe it was a percentage off (on certain days). Just thinking ahead!

Thanks!
It wasn't a huge discount amounted to $5-10 off per ticket I believe but that adds up depending on how many are going.

We went over Halloween a few years back at the Boardwalk and they had a nice party on the "green space" in front of the lake. It was great, pictures with Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Daisy - they rotated them throughout the night. Had some trick or treating throughout the Boardwalk and Beach Club areas. They also had a DJ and dance party with some games and other candy. It was great fun and my kids loved it...at the time they were probably about 8,6 and 4 plus it is all free. I thought they did a great job and highly recommend doing the resort party on Halloween and do the MNSSHP on another night. Plus you can wander into HS or EPCOT pretty easy to see what they have going on.

Seems like the parties are starting earlier and costing more every year. I was kind of hoping that there wasn't going to be any before we left (Aug 28) so I wouldn't have to decide if I wanted to go or not. Last year in Aug we got rained on which is pretty normal for Aug, but I hate spending all that money and having a strong chance of getting rained on.

Anyone think those early Aug parties will sell out. I would be more tempted to go the day of the party once I found out the weather forecast.

We are going in September and I am planning on buying the tickets 1-2 days ahead of time based on the weather forecast. We still get the DVC/Advanced discount, but can wave off if the weather is does not look good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter