• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC on DCL

Princeton Charming1

Earning My Ears
I've heard for a long time that DCL is trying to get a 3rd ship built and a CM told me that DVC would have a large part of the staterooms designated for purchase...kind of a DVC resort on DCL. They said that they could sell it at a higher premium than DVC Resorts and that they could also lower the points for Members to sail.

Anyone else heard this....?

Princeton Charming1 said:
I've heard for a long time that DCL is trying to get a 3rd ship built and a CM told me that DVC would have a large part of the staterooms designated for purchase...kind of a DVC resort on DCL. They said that they could sell it at a higher premium than DVC Resorts and that they could also lower the points for Members to sail.

Anyone else heard this....?

No, haven't heard that. But I think I like it! ;)

I think it would be great, but I can't imagine that they would let you bring food on the boat for cooking, so the cabins would be DVC-kitchen. Regardless, sign me up! :boat:

I have not heard of this. It would be great, but I don't think it's realistic.

Oh - I don't think its unrealistic. MANY DVCers are cruise takers and right now most wont use their points for a cruise because the "price" is too high - opting to sell and pay cash instead. It will probably be years off (takes a long time to build a cruise ship I am sure), but I could see LOTS of interest in this.

BTW Charming, you will notice as you are around more - - we LOVE rumors on the DVC side of DIS lol The Contemporary one has been floating around for a long long time.

No TEASING! :sunny:

OK, I am never adding on until DCL DVC exists! I will not be tempted by another add on offer again!

Laurajean1014 said:
I have not heard of this. It would be great, but I don't think it's realistic.

Why do you think it would not be realistic? They already have "floating condos". Million dollar homes in these luxury liners.

Consider a DCL stateroom like a hotel room. If Disney can create a timeshare program out of their resorts, then it should be a piece of cake to set up something similar on DCL.

Also, think of the completely different market they'd be tapping.

Disney1fan2002 said:
No TEASING! :sunny:

OK, I am never adding on until DCL DVC exists! I will not be tempted by another add on offer again!

*looking at her watch - waiting for Disney1Fan to crack* getting closer.....

closer....

a HA!!! :rotfl:

I love this rumor! I haven't heard it yet.

How many points do you think a room would require on board a DVC ship? Do you think it would be much different than points required for a regular cruise?

Please keep this and the Contemporary rumor going!

Bridget

I've been pricing cruises for next summer and they are EXPENSIVE. I would love a DVC allotment of rooms on the new boat...but I hear the boat is nowhere near being started...

someday!!! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter