• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC owner demographics?

I'm mailing my certified check and documents for closing today. I am 32 and my DH is 31. We have 3 kids, DS6, DD4, DD2.

We own in another timeshare system and will only stay in villa-like units with the three kids if more than a night or two. This summer will be my two oldests 3rd trip to Disney World and we took one to Disney Land. The frequent Disney trips are a combination of them loving everything Disney, we go with my MIL and FIL who have a granddaughter the lives in Orlando and meets us, and the fact that I never went until I was in college so I don't want to deprive my kids.

We figured we will go 2 out of 3 years, banking and borrowing from the off year. I look forward to many fun trips with the little ones, but when they get to be college-aged and they don't want to go anymore my DW and I will enjoy our trips too.

Bciris said:
I'm mailing my certified check and documents for closing today. I am 32 and my DH is 31. We have 3 kids, DS6, DD4, DD2.

We own in another timeshare system and will only stay in villa-like units with the three kids if more than a night or two. This summer will be my two oldests 3rd trip to Disney World and we took one to Disney Land. The frequent Disney trips are a combination of them loving everything Disney, we go with my MIL and FIL who have a granddaughter the lives in Orlando and meets us, and the fact that I never went until I was in college so I don't want to deprive my kids.

We figured we will go 2 out of 3 years, banking and borrowing from the off year. I look forward to many fun trips with the little ones, but when they get to be college-aged and they don't want to go anymore my DW and I will enjoy our trips too.
Congratulations! It's really nice to read about everyone's experiences. Thanks, all.

( we honeymooned at WDW...stayed at the GF....hoping our 25th is at the new GFV's!)

We also honeymooned at GF in 1991. It was my first time to WDW and I loved it! We purchased DVC in 2000 and also hope to spend our 25th at GFV's!

We bought in our mid 30s, we now own at 2 resorts BLT and Aulani and have no kids. We love every minute of it!

We originally bought in 2004 at SSR when both DH and I were 26. We still don't have kids (though truly hope to soon). We have enjoyed all of our trips since then and added another SSR contract and a AKV contract since then. We love taking friends and family and it is really our place to go and be big kids.

My husband and I are in our mid-40s. We have a daughter together, 12, and I have 2 grown sons and 4 grandsons. I grew up near Disneyland, and it was a very positive part of my life. Two years ago, I took our daughter to WDW for her birthday and had a blast. We went back last year and took a friend. My husband had no interest at all in Disney, but I knew my daughter and I would probably make the Disney trip an annual tradition, so after running the numbers (we only stayed Deluxe), my husband agreed to let me purchase two small resale contracts. The idea was that my daughter, a friend, and I would stay in a studio for 4-5 nights once a year in May.

Well, the contracts came loaded with points that were expiring, so I rented some to defray the cost of the purchase and then we took a trip to WDW over Labor Day. Much to his surprise, my husband had a great time. For my daughter's birthday trip in May, he is joining us, as well as two of my daughter's friends, and my in-laws (who said they'd never go to WDW). I am borrowed to the hilt, did a transfer, and just rented points to add an extra night. So I'll be adding on . . . :rotfl:

I bought last year at age 26. I have no children and don't plan to, but I am happy to share my DVC stays with my boyfriend, friends, and family.

DW and I bought in back in 2010 (BLT). We were 28 then and had no kids but now have a son that is almost 6 months.

I decided to buy for me and my husband. I bought in last year 2013 at age 24 and have no children. Someday when I'm 30 or so maybe I'll be sharing Disney with a daughter or son, but until then Disney is all mine.

We bought in 2002 when Beach Club became available. My DH and I had stayed at Beach Club the previous year and decided if/when BC became DVC we would buy.

My parents had bought at Boardwalk earlier do we had some knowledge of how DVC worked.

When we purchased our initial contract I was 25 and my DH 29. I was pregnant with our first baby. Since then we've added more points and my MIL and FIL have purchased points.

We love Disney. My 11 to year has been to WDW like 15 times. We took our first cruise this year and are hooked on DCL now.

I'm approaching my mid 40's. My wife and I bought in 2008 and we have two kids now 10 and 12 years of age. We live locally and stay on property two to three times a year for some needed time "away". lol

DW & I will be 60 this year, we bought DVC about 7 years ago after our DDs graduated from college.

We have been going to WDW since the late 70s, but finally took the plunge when we were able too. With add-ons, we've doubled our initial points purchase.

While there is a wide range of ages of people in DVC, I think we're all about 9 or 10 years old when we visit the parks. WDW is a great equalizer;)

Welcome home Chrylaser, nice to meet new neighbors. :earsboy:

I am single and only 29, but thought it to be really important to get a DVC ownership for my future family and kids. I have used it to go with my Ex Boyfriend and also my sisters on a few occasions. Fun times for many years to come.

We bought in our early 50s and our daughter was around 15-16 at the time.

My husband and I bought BLT on our honeymoon in 2009; I was 23 he was 24. We have since added a son (and soon to be daughter) to our family and an additional set of points at BLT so we can take the Grandparents on vacation too!

My wife and I are in our mid 30's with no kids and purchased Aulani and a VGF add-on last year.

I am in my mid-30's, my husband in his 40's. We have two kids. Our son is 8, and our daughter is 6. We bought in last year. We have been going to Disney ever 2 years, so it just works for us. We own at SSR.

My DH and I bought in 2005 when we were in our early 40s after doing the tour in 2004. DD was 5 at the time of our first trip. We have done about 10 trips since then, and we finally broke down in 2012 and started an Owner's Locker -- we now have 3. We love our home, SSR, which BTW we bought sight unseen. We are now looking to add on 100 points or so to allow us 2BR and the extra BR. WELCOME HOME! Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We bought in 1998 OKW. I was trying to plan a family trip because the last of our 4children was graduating college and I was afraid we would not be able to vacation as a family again. Well 16 years later with 2 add ons at OKW and 4 at BWV we go as a family every other year. DH and I take extended family the off year. Our initial group of 9 adults and one infant grew to 9 adults and 13 DGKs. My fear that it would lose some of the allure was disproven when one 6 yo GS told me after our last trip ."only one more Xmas until we go again"! As we approach our 65th birthdays we are still very happy with our DVC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter