DVC Perks at Tokyo Disney

bkc6j

Earning My Ears
This seems like the correct forum to post this question (and I have already tried to find anything by search).

Does anyone know if there are DVC perks available at Tokyo Disneyland? I couldn't find anything on here or the DVC webpage, so my assumption was no. But given how DVC now has a Tokyo store and is trying to push DVC, I thought it reasonable that there might be some perks starting up.

Any info or thoughts are appreciated!

No, as the parks and hotels are not owned by Disney. Besides, I'm not sure anyone ever gets a discount at TDR, maybe it's a japanese thing, if something costs less, it can't be as good as something that costs more... :-)

Though I know that the CMs at TDR even don't get any free access to the parks, unless they are working and I heard that it's even frowned upon for them to visit the parks on their off-time (paying admission OOP)

Bump in case something has changed in recent years.

Spring break trip with eldest DD this March to TDR! Woot woot!

Considering attending Celebration Tokyo 2025. Would be lovely to have some kind of ticket perk in the future.

Bump in case something has changed in recent years.

Spring break trip with eldest DD this March to TDR! Woot woot!
Considering attending Celebration Tokyo 2025. Would be lovely to have some kind of ticket perk in the future.

DVC is American only. It is rare that anyone at the international resorts even know what DVC is. The only international resort owned entirely by Disney is Paris (and they don't have an understanding of etiquette let alone DVC.) Tokyo is owned by the Oriental Land Company, and the Chinese Government own majority share in China.

I did witness a Japanese family use points to exchange into the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel and had a heart attack they used so many points to do so.

I'm yet to see a discount of anything, at all, at Tokyo Disney Resort.

Last edited:
DVC is American only. It is rare that anyone at the international resorts even know what DVC is. The only international resort owned entirely by Disney is Paris (and they don't have an understanding of etiquette let alone DVC.) Tokyo is owned by the Oriental Land Company, and the Chinese Government own majority share in China.

I did witness a Japanese family use points to exchange into the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel and had a heart attack they used so many points to do so.

I'm yet to see a discount of anything, at all, at Tokyo Disney Resort.
I think there is a contingent of Japanese buyers for Aulani. I know their has always been a heavy international presence from Asia and Australia when we have been there.

I think there is a contingent of Japanese buyers for Aulani. I know their has always been a heavy international presence from Asia and Australia when we have been there.
They used to have a DVC office in Ikspiari some time back pushing Aulani to moderate success. I know a few Japanese members sold their Aulani interest in the pandemic.

They used to have a DVC office in Ikspiari some time back pushing Aulani to moderate success. I know a few Japanese members sold their Aulani interest in the pandemic.
And my SSR resale contract purchased in 2019 was sold by two Japanese couples that co-owned it. International sale of 200 points. Interesting experience.

Nothing for DVC, but wanted to say how awesome TDR is! I was there last March and loved it so much! Splurged on Hotel MiraCosta-incredible!
Us, two nights at Miracosta after two nights at Hilton Tokyo Bay! Excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter