DVC Platinum Pass Exchange

I know this is an old thread but I have a Platinum Pass renewal exchange voucher and I’m FINALLY going to Disney World next month since getting that voucher. It has a 2099 expiration date so they should honor it, right? It allowed me to make park reservations but I’m nervous to find out what they will tell me. I can’t get a straight hit answer when I call Guest Services.
Interesting that it's a renewal voucher with a 2099 expiration date, not a voucher for a new AP - did you get it during the 2020 Covid AP special extensions time? I think they should/will honor it, and you should receive an Incredi-Pass with PhotoPass Downloads.

You should be able to do this at any Guest Relations office outside any park or at DS. I'm not sure whether the Official Ticket Office at DS can handle it or not, but they're just across from the GR office, so not a long trek if you go to one and they tell you to go to the other.

Interesting that it's a renewal voucher with a 2099 expiration date, not a voucher for a new AP - did you get it during the 2020 Covid AP special extensions time? I think they should/will honor it, and you should receive an Incredi-Pass with PhotoPass Downloads.

You should be able to do this at any Guest Relations office outside any park or at DS. I'm not sure whether the Official Ticket Office at DS can handle it or not, but they're just across from the GR office, so not a long trek if you go to one and they tell you to go to the other.

My DD got a renewal voucher that had the 2099 expiration for gold as we bought it right before the change last August.

Thanks! Yes I had previously had a Premier Pass for both coasts (which I loved!!!) and they let me renew it into a Platinum Pass back in spring 2021 since sadly they had canceled the Premier Pass. I kept canceling my trips because of the COVID rates and I’m just now finally going back to Orlando. It will be my first time staying there as a DVC owner 🎉

I know this is an old thread but I have a Platinum Pass renewal exchange voucher and I’m FINALLY going to Disney World next month since getting that voucher. It has a 2099 expiration date so they should honor it, right? It allowed me to make park reservations but I’m nervous to find out what they will tell me. I can’t get a straight hit answer when I call Guest Services.

We had the same vouchers and redeemed them in June. We did it at the Guest Relations outside the Animal Kingdom park entrance and didn't have any issues.

Oh yay that was pretty recent!
Oh yay that was pretty recent!

The process took awhile (think about 45 minutes)... not sure if it was because the cast member was new or the computer was being challenging. He originally said that the new/current annual passes do not include memory maker but I asked that since memory maker was included in Platinum Pass, shouldn't it be included for this one time. Another cast member overheard and came to say it did so she helped him with that. Good luck and have a great trip!!

Just got to Orlando today and went to Guest Relations. Since my renewal should have expired in spring 2022 but I never activated it before the expiration, they allowed me to apply the value of the renewal toward an Incredipass with memory maker, but I had to pay the additional amount that was previously discounted, so it came out to about $230. I’m happy they let me apply it to an annual pass while sales are frozen instead of only allowing me to apply it to a regular ticket. So I can still keep my annual pass holder status! And I found and bought a DVC loungefly mini backpack at 30% off tonight with the passholder discount and that made me do a happy dance 💃

We had the same vouchers and redeemed them in June. We did it at the Guest Relations outside the Animal Kingdom park entrance and didn't have any issues.
Does your pass have any block out dates?

Does your pass have any block out dates?
No, no blackout dates. Our voucher was for the Platinum Pass (no blackout dates) and redeemed it for Incredi-Pass (no blackout dates). They also included the memory maker for free (as a one time courtesy) since that was part of the Platinum Pass.

No, no blackout dates. Our voucher was for the Platinum Pass (no blackout dates) and redeemed it for Incredi-Pass (no blackout dates). They also included the memory maker for free (as a one time courtesy) since that was part of the Platinum Pass.
That is good to know. I have some old vouchers purchased between 2003 and 2008 that did not have any block out dates on them and I was wondering how they would handle them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter