DVC point balancing 2022 vs 2021

Reducing points for 10 nights will probably bring it back into balance (or much closer). It will be interesting to see the actual numbers (I assume someone will run them lol). Poly will be one of the easier ones to double check.

All they did was move ten days in September? This isn’t what I was hoping for.

It's not like they could change anything earlier in the year because of how long they delayed this. Changing any of the periods could have been enough to fix the issue.

This doesn't feel like a fix, but rather an appeasement. I'm eager to see the analysis. I'm also eager to see if we have to go through this whole process again in 2023.
The 7 seasons needs to go away, IMHO, and return back to the original charts, but that's also because I agree with the assessments of the legal wording of our contract that while they can shift points around, they should not be able to change the seasons / dramatically change the point chart created.

If I have it correct, quick math puts Poly at a reduction of approx 9164 points.

11 nights moved, Standard moves 2 points/night (both weeknight and weekend), Lakeview changes 3 points for weeknights and no change on weeknights, Bungalows change 5 points/night for both weeknights and weekends.

72 Lakeview Studios, 288 Standard Studios, 20 Bungalows.

If I have it correct, quick math puts Poly at a reduction of approx 9164 points.

11 nights moved, Standard moves 2 points/night (both weeknight and weekend), Lakeview changes 3 points for weeknights and no change on weeknights, Bungalows change 5 points/night for both weeknights and weekends.

If that’s the case we are still 10,000 points over historical average and total declared at PVB. Ugh.

Yeah, I'm thinking that it's probably still off a bit but closer. I'm curious to see what the totals look like with other resorts as well.
Thanks for checking. I suppose they can’t lower Oct-Dec, as that defeats what they have been doing for the past 2 years in terms of balancing demand. It’s still so frustrating that it couldn’t have been balanced correctly from the beginning.

Im still not seeing why it needs to be balanced by week or season? Why cant they go lower in 1 or 2 weeks and call it a day so long as its within the maximum allowable threshold. Their insistence on keeping seasons exactly equal has always baffled me.

Your math is off. The entire month of September was lowered for standard view and bungalows - not just the 11 days moved from the second travel period to the first.

Thanks, I missed that they also changed the points for Season 1.

I'll take another look at the total change a bit later.
Looking forward to the calculations - I suspect they are in line with historical norms. Now they can get back to continuing to raise the points needed in the last 3 months of the year (offset elsewhere, of course). Something that should have been done a long time ago.

I want to thank everyone who pushed back on the original charts - phone calls, emails, etc. It looks like the points created out of thin air are now gone. There is still a lot of work to do to get these point charts to resemble the actual demand of DVC rooms, but this needed to be corrected first.

I just want to bring to attention that it took 60 pages of posts here and lots of posts elsewhere and lots of emails and lots of calls to make this happen.

I also want to say all of this should not be needed if others were doing their jobs appropriately. I expect a full rundown by DVC either in a post or at the annual meeting on why this occured and how they will stop this from occurring in the future.

I just want to bring to attention that it took 60 pages of posts here and lots of posts elsewhere and lots of emails and lots of calls to make this happen.

I also want to say all of this should not be needed if others were doing their jobs appropriately. I expect a full rundown by DVC either in a post or at the annual meeting on why this occured and how they will stop this from occurring in the future.
Don't hold your breath for that one.
I think it will take vigilance to keep them in line with our contract.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter