DVC Presentation

mikem699

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if you attend the DVC presentation when they give out the FastPasses if they give them out just for the two people attending the presentation or for your whole party (I will have 5).

I don't have the answer for you about the fastpasses, but from someone who has been through timeshare presentations before, unless you are serious about buying into DVC, I would skip it.

I would rather do just about anything at WDW instead of wasting time on this.

OP, we went to the DVC presentation a couple of weeks ago, and fastpasses were not given out. We were given two $15 gift cards (one for me and one for DH). There were also free ice cream sundaes at the end. :)

I don't have the answer for you about the fastpasses, but from someone who has been through timeshare presentations before, unless you are serious about buying into DVC, I would skip it.

I would rather do just about anything at WDW instead of wasting time on this.
DVC presentations are not the same as a typical timeshare presentation that is high pressure. The guides are actually very nice and do not expect you to sign up right then and there...they are there to present the info, give you the info to take home, and let you decide in your own time. They also cannot contact you unless you fill out a form giving them permission to do so.

OP, we went to the DVC presentation a couple of weeks ago, and fastpasses were not given out. We were given two $15 gift cards (one for me and one for DH). There were also free ice cream sundaes at the end. :)

DVC presentations are not the same as a typical timeshare presentation that is high pressure. The guides are actually very nice and do not expect you to sign up right then and there...they are there to present the info, give you the info to take home, and let you decide in your own time. They also cannot contact you unless you fill out a form giving them permission to do so.

I think it depends on who your salesman is. We did it last year and the guy all but called us idiots for not joining yet.

I think it depends on who your salesman is. We did it last year and the guy all but called us idiots for not joining yet.
I would have spoken with a higher up then. I know people who work in DVC and they are trained to not pressure people...that is part of what is supposed to make their presentation experience unique from other timeshares.

The fastpasses are only for those that attend the presentation. However, when DH and I went to the presentation(and signed!) Sept. 1st, we were told that it was too late in the day for the fastpasses. They give you a card that you have to put into the fp machines just like a ticket. They are useless once fastpasses are gone. By the time our presentation was over, it was after 6. No ice cream or gift cards either. I agree with the OP, if you are only doing it for the FP's, skip it. We went with full intention on signing.

Since this thread has a lot more to do with DVC stuff than it does theme park stuff.. I'm moving it over to the DVC Mousecellaneous Board.

You'll probably get more informed answers there as well!

Thanks,

Knox

All of that sounds really unfair and some of the info is untrue. I didn't buy my timeshare until late in the evening. My father and I weren't done until about 5:30ish. Things were closing down and we didn't think that we could get a sundae so my guide, Ron, told us to call him when we are back up there and that he will make sure we get them. My dad and I did manage to get a scoop though. I didn't get my picture taken but I'm not really bent out of shape about it. My guide was so friendly and helpful.

My step-mother was at the presentation with us and needed to leave to get our dogs from the kennel and walk them. My guide arranged for her to get dropped off at the FW kennel while we finished paperwork. Eventhough it was late and my step-mother didn't stay we still got 3 Fast Pass cards and 3 $15 gift cards. The FP cards had to be used within the next 3 or 4 days so it didn't matter how late you would've gotten them. Also, my father and I got the same driver that dropped off my stepmother. When he heard us talking to her on the cellphone he said that he would stop by to pick her up on our way back to the Polynesian where we had parked.

I felt no pressure at all. I guess different people have different experiences but mine was nothing but great.

We were at MK Sat 9-29 and talked to a CM about the presentation. He said if we attended the one in the MK we would get 9 fast passes, 3 for each of us. We were staying at SSR so he said if we attended there between 10am and 4pm we would get $100.00 disney dolllars. We opted to do the presentation at SSR on 9-30. We did receive our Disney dollars and we are new DVC members...:cool1:

When we took the tour, it was just before Christmas, they gave us fastpass cards for all of us in the party. Perhaps they only offer this when the park attendance levels are so high??

I JUST went on the presentation No pressure very nice disney people and we got fastpasses for everyone including my infant and they were good for 3 days 3 times each card!!!!!!!

We attended a presentation on 9/25, and bought into DVC on 9/28. and at no time were we offered fastpasses or Disney Money. Not that it matters now, since we're home and have no use for them, but it would've been nice.

I went to the presentation at the end of July and got fast passes for all the people in our group. 7 in total & these could each be used 3 times and were valid for 3 days. As it was late in the day and the FP's would all have been closed for the day combined with the fact that we were flying back to the UK the following day, we couldn't really use the FP's so the guide gave us 7 x $15 Disney gift cards as well which was very nice of him.:cool1:

We gave the FP's away to a random family later that evening at DTD and as you can imagine they were also delighted. :thumbsup2

In our experience, the presentation was not hard sell at all, we got lots of drinks and delicious biscuits and ice-cream at the end. Our younger kids also had great fun in the childrens club while we were touring. We bought at AKV but we went with the intention of doing so if it was affordable and suited our needs. Great experience and wish I'd done it sooner.:)

All of that sounds really unfair and some of the info is untrue.

How would you know if our experiences were "untrue"? It seems that perks and presentations differ from day to day. We were told directly, by two different CM's, that we could not receive fp's that late in the day. We were not offered ice cream, we were not offered Disney dollars.

When we bought AKV last month James gave us 6 passes for our entire group. Only Amy and I were there for the presentation. They are not exactly like other fastpasses though. When you insert it into the machine a pass comes out for the current time, not the fastpass window. The only time you could not use it is if all fastpasses were distributed for the day. As others have stated, they are good for three immediate fastpasses and the cards expire four days from when they are given to you. Really, they were only good for Soarin' as everything else was walk on by early evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter