DVC Resorts at 7 months

DisneyQueen1320

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone,
I know DVC is very busy during the first two weeks of Dec. I was wondering is it hard to book a room during the 3rd week of Dec?

all of dec is pretty busy. it's always better to make sure you book your home resort as early as possible.

if you are patient and willing to ride the waitlist, something might open up at another resort (or even be available at 7 months out) but if you don't already have something booked onsite, it can be risky. (SSR as usual is the best bet due to its size.)

edited to add:

or maybe i'm wrong...at least i was in 2012:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2919467

chalee is correct: booking 7 months out to any resort around Christmas conceivably could be difficult. That being said, there are plenty of success stories of being able to do just that at larger resorts (e.g., SSR), and also as mentioned, the waitlist can be your friend. However, a few such as VWL and VGF might be next to impossible to book at the 7-month point with even the waitlist being long odds. Still, as suggested above, book your home resort now if you've not done so already, call right at 7 months, then waitlist if what you want isn't available. Good luck!

Actually, third week of Dec is the calm period between two extremely high demand periods (first two weeks of Dec and Dec 23 to Jan 2). In both 2012 and 2013, it was possible to get studios, 1BRs and 2BRs at BCV, BWV pool/garden view, BLT lake view, and VWL for third week of Dec at 7 months out. AKV standard and savanna view, SSR and OKW were also readily available.

Why are the first two weeks in December attractive for DVC members? I thought that was a low period for resorts. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter