DVC ressie with no tickets

Not yet. Rumor is that 2020 dates will be available on July 11
Rumors are just that Rumors, 2020 rumor dates have been ALL over the place. Where did you hear July 11th? What is your source? How accurate has this source been about previous rumors vs actual official announcements? A little more information would help rather than just spreading rumors please.

Just ask Sadie about Rumors from Sources and how reliable they have been recently. Sorry Sadie :(

If I purchase a 10 day ticket for 2021 now & then upgrade to AP when they are up for sale can I do that all over the phone? Or do I have to wait until I'm there to go to guest services in person?
I was told by Robo, the ticket guru, that you can upgrade to an AP only at Guest Services at WDW.

On another note, Today may be good news for 2020 resort guest waiting to purchase tickets. Today was the last piece of unknown information Disney needed for tickets sales. You have Resort Guests on the 22nd, AP's with Res on the 24th, AP's without res on the 26th and now General public for 2021 on the 28th If demand is lower for 2021 general ticket sales that may encourage Disney to open up 2020 ticket sales sooner as long as park availability continues to hold steady. Other then Local AP's sucking up their allotment on day 1, the other 3 days 22nd, 24th and 28th still have park availability for most days. I am trying to stay optimistic here.

Some of your dates are off... I’m out of state DVC AP, had July & December ressies and got park days 22nd (and 23rd after glitch fixed). On the 24th I reserved nights at Pop & AoA for June 2021 and got park days. Today, 28th, general public can get their park days for both 2020 & 2021... and new tix can be purchased for 2021 and get park days. It isn’t 2021 purchases that will be the deciding factor on 2020 sales, it is the 2020 park ressies.

As for locals, they probably had a pretty small pool of park passes... plus, getting your parks sooner is better due to the rolling 3 day limit. I don’t see them as a problem because they come for a short time... in fact, it works to my advantage since entry is limited and I won’t have to compete with them all day. They do buy merch and eat/drink. If Disney saw them as a problem, they could fix that they problem pretty easily.

Btw... I’m still waiting for my family members to be able to but their Military tix for December and I don’t mind people sharing potential release dates.

Booked the Poly (our east coast home) for May 2021 yesterday and purchased tickets directly from Disney as we will upgrade them to Gold APs when we arrive. There was no need to use UCT for the discount, but highly recommend them! We are planning on returning in October and in early December.

We were able to seamlessly and quickly book our park passes for the 4 days in May as well.
Mike

We are hesitant to purchase the multi-day tickets because we will probably cancel the reservation(s) if we are unable to purchase an AP. But, I guess, we could always apply the price of the multi-day tickets to an AP another year, even if we cancel our reservations.

Hey has anyone noticed that if you go on MDE and look at the page that has your plans the arrival times for your park reservations say one time but if you click on reservation details it has a different time? Weird. I wonder which one is the real one.

Hey has anyone noticed that if you go on MDE and look at the page that has your plans the arrival times for your park reservations say one time but if you click on reservation details it has a different time? Weird. I wonder which one is the real one.
I figure it's mostly a dummy value. Whatever park opening is that day should be the correct time.

What happened to Park availability today? For the last week or so the week of July 19th-25th have DHS availability and now all of sudden when I refreshed the availability calendar the entire week is full. That feels very fishy like Disney just reallocated space or took it away. No way on such a quiet day ressie wise that 7 days will fill up that quickly. Has anybody heard anything?

What happened to Park availability today? For the last week or so the week of July 19th-25th have DHS availability and now all of sudden when I refreshed the availability calendar the entire week is full. That feels very fishy like Disney just reallocated space or took it away. No way on such a quiet day ressie wise that 7 days will fill up that quickly. Has anybody heard anything?

I wonder if they decided to adjust capacity due to what is happening in Florida?

Wow! What's going on? This is obviously Disney manipulating things behind the scenes.

Last edited:
My guess is that Disney reallocated Theme Park Ticket Guests slots over to the Resorts Guests bucket. Just a guess.

What really kills me about all this is Disney has found yet another way to pull money out of our pocket earlier than needed.
A long term benefit to them born out of necessity due to a pandemic.

scroll a couple posts up. :). Been officially announced. It's really happening.

Ha...I did the same thing a few threads over...It's nice to see folks spreading the info this quick though....wink...wink...nudge...nudge *cough* Disney *cough*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter