DVC Sales Pitch??

imgointoDis

Earning My Ears
Disney doesn't offer drastically reduced rates to stay at one of the DVC resorts and listen to their sales pitch, do they???? I know others do, but I've never heard of Disney doing it. Can anyone help??:confused:

In Sept 98, they gave away a free lunch of the Boardwalk if you took the tour, but I think the demand is so high now that they give nothing....but its still a good deal.

Actually , they do at hh and vb. Go to the website dvcmagic.com and click resorts. You'll see an ad for Magical Vacation Offers. The deals are actually pretty good.

If you think the DVC is something that you *might* be interested in, if you take the tour very early in your trip down, I *believe* that if you decide to join right then, they will let you apply the money that you have already spent for the hotel you are staying in towards your DVC membership and transfer you into a DVC villa using your first year's points. The folks on the DVC forum can help you decide whether DVC is something you'd be interested in or not before you head down. Unfortunately, we made the mistake of not going to a sales meeting for DVC until our last day there, so we were unable to apply any of our hotel funds toward our membership when we joined. C'est la vie... :)

They do offer reduced rates at Hilt on Head and Vero Beach resorts (see above for link) We stayed in a 2 bedroom at Hilt on Head last year for 300.00 for 4 nights. That was an amazing deal and a wonderful October break. Vero offers a studio size room. There is no pressure in the sales pitch so if you are interested in either location and interested in learning about DVC it's great. Warning you may end up buying. I went along with a friend and although I didn't go to the presentation (we had already bought 2 months before) I ended up adding on 100 points after the trip as I couldn't believe how great the 2 bedroom was, whereas before I thought we'd be happy in a studio. So you have been warned!

It is true that they have fantastic offers, but, you don't have to attend a tour or listen to a sales presentation.

I would love to check into the DVC. How long is their tour and what is the best time to go?

I think the tour/presentation is 1-2 hours no longer. They have a great kids room, ours are disappointed that they can't go back there. Hilton Head would be nice in the Fall Sept, Oct. If there are no hurricanes. Vero would probably be good anytime.

Gail, the promotional discount deals do require a sales tour. If you look at the DVC website at the descriptions of the discounted rooms and scroll down to the bottom, you'll see a part (in the eligibility section) that says this (or something similar):

"In order to take advantage of this offer, attendance at a 90-minute sales presentation is required, or the full retail value of the package will be charged (up to $230 per night plus state and local taxes). If married, both husband and wife are required to attend the sales presentation together."

That's from the $99 promo at DVC HHI.

Lisa,
Thanks for the correction and heads up. Obviously you have been paying attention and I have not. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter