*DVC Sold Out* DVC and/or AP will be given sneak peak of Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind

Quite a few people have called Member Services, & were told that the DVC Guardians preview has not been scheduled, & that the link posted is not valid.
Makes sense, because we would have gotten an email already. Hopefully, we will be hearing soon.
That was still some amazing sleuthing tho :)
I agree. Still gonna have the site loaded in the morning though. Lol. You?

I agree. Still gonna have the site loaded in the morning though. Lol. You?
I will definitely be planning to have the site loaded. Doesn’t the AP preview have the site active prior to the email going out, at least in the past? Who knows anymore what/why Disney does what it does, but I’m not going to take a chance. And the CMs have not typically been in the know.

Quite a few people have called Member Services, & were told that the DVC Guardians preview has not been scheduled, & that the link posted is not valid.
Makes sense, because we would have gotten an email already. Hopefully, we will be hearing soon.
That was still some amazing sleuthing tho :)

Chances are member services doesn’t know anything more than the members know.

I will definitely be planning to have the site loaded. Doesn’t the AP preview have the site active prior to the email going out, at least in the past? Who knows anymore what/why Disney does what it does, but I’m not going to take a chance. And the CMs have not typically been in the know.
I have no idea if AP or DVC usually comes first. I’ve missed every preview and every moonlight magic ever because I can’t be flexible with my travel. I actually was going to be on a trip where a moonlight magic would’ve fallen… in 2020 so I missed that one too.

Considering we’ve heard officially squat from DVC directly, any predictions on what’s going to happen when the countdown in the link hits 0:00??

Any concerns about it being some sort of scam (apologizes, but I’m a fairly cynical person to begin with..)?

Any concerns about it being some sort of scam (apologizes, but I’m a fairly cynical person to begin with..)?
Disney has routinely used queue-it.net links for event registration, including DVC Moonlight Magic. Seems very unlikely that it’s anything malicious.

Given the absence of dates and lack of promotion / acknowledgment by DVC, perhaps the page is up for testing purposes. :confused3

I definitely had the thought. It's hard to make a call- who knows what information they are going to ask for? I mean a site looking like it's a Disney limited ticket event- they could ask for all sorts of private information and hundreds or thousands will race to enter their details the fastest. With Disney saying nothing we have no way to know if this is a mad rush ending in coveted spots or identity theft.

Some sites on FB are now warning people that the queue might be a scam and a way to get peoples membership numbers. Beware.

Some sites on FB are now warning people that the queue might be a scam and a way to get peoples membership numbers. Beware.

I’m trying to figure out what someone would do with anyone’s member ID?

I don’t know, but most FB sites that shared the link are have now deleted it and posted a warning. With no one receiving an email from dvc I think we should be cautious. Hopefully we hear something soon.

I've been brainstorming that while I anxiously can't sleep. I don't know they would get too much accomplished with ID numbers- what, register for events? But to get in or sell that access your customers would need fake IDs.
One thing did occur to me. If you had enough of a person's info, you could book and sell reservations. Now it's there until the member discovers someone booked a reservation on their account, but the person booking and selling could run with the cash.

More likely if it was a scam they would take a payment or card info.

I guess we figure out if it's real by whether people can get through with totally fake numbers?

I was just going to recommend this. Fake number and fake name then see what happens…
How stressful- then imagine being the person who "took one for the team" to put in fake numbers and doesn't get tickets to a real event because it sells out.

If this is a live booking day, there has got to be emails sent. I’m waiting to hear of someone getting one.

Another possibility is that the site is legit and the countdown restarts/date changes at 9:00.

For MM, if you entered an incorrect member number, it gave you several retries. I am also leaning towards a possible testing page. T-2:21 to go.
How stressful- then imagine being the person who "took one for the team" to put in fake numbers and doesn't get tickets to a real event because it sells out.

Considering we’ve heard officially squat from DVC directly, any predictions on what’s going to happen when the countdown in the link hits 0:00??

If you reach the front of the line and it asks for your social security number, you’ll know :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter