DVC Ticket Offer

As a heads up you can also get it without a room reservation. Actually doesn't look cheaper but there is a 4+1 day and a 4+2 day option ticket only at some of the ticket resellers.

Do the math I guess to check yourself.

A couple of questions.
1. If I book a 2 bedroom villa can everyone in the room get this ticket deal?
2. I have a 100 point contract direct, can I use my resale points to finish the reservation and still be eligible?

A couple of questions.
2. I have a 100 point contract direct, can I use my resale points to finish the reservation and still be eligible?

Seems like you just need a 4 night stay

I guess I’m confused. So this deal won’t work for split stays?

Likely not

Check out the ticket resellers instead they have discounts as well now on tickets giving extra days.

A couple of questions.

If you are eligible for membership extras...blue card...you should be able to get it for all guests in your room, regarding the points used.

Moonlight magic has always worked that way so I assume this will too,

I guess I’m confused. So this deal won’t work for split stays?

I am going to say that someone who books a split stay and the guests are the same for both parts, You should be eligible for the ticket deal.

Of course, once January 5th comes and we can call, we can find out!

[
This deal is specifically for points bookings made via MS for those with a blue card, So, as a resale owner, you would not be eligible,

However, if WDW is offering a similar deal for cash guests, then yes, you would be eligible to book it that way,

This seems to be something DVC got WDPR to extend to DVC points stays for qualified owners,...not something that normally happens.

I have a stay on rented points from someone else but I am a Blue Card holder. Would I be eligible for this deal? We are going in February.

Does anyone know if this can be done with only 4 day ticket or is 4 day minimum? I have trip upcoming with 10 day ticket staying in dvc. Wonder if we can still use for 2 free days and if so would we get 12 days total or 10 (currently there 13 days with 3 non park days).

Last edited:
I don't see this as a truly much of a benefits, as I have always purchased my WDW tickets thru an authorized WDW ticket reseller, and pretty much get the same deal.

I don't know, it doesn't seem so sincere offer to me, just doesn't do justice to the blue card holders. Granted, I don't have blue card, so it doesn't matter to me, but I feel you all deserve a little bit better discounts!

Great3

This is great! I have 2 rooms booked for April for 6 days and I haven’t bought tickets yet.

Does anyone know if this can be done with only 4 day ticket or is 4 day minimum? I have trip upcoming with 10 day ticket staying in dvc. Wonder if we can still use for 2 free days and if so would we get 12 days total or 10 (currently there 13 days with 3 non park days).

I wouldn't see an issue with you upgrading the ticket to a longer one after the fact but who knows.

I know you can get 4+2 days right now from ticket resellers so you likely need to call Disney to ask if this deal works for you or not and then check the price against elsewhere.

[

I have a stay on rented points from someone else but I am a Blue Card holder. Would I be eligible for this deal? We are going in February.

I am going to say no because the reservation is not on your membership,

However, if the owner of the points has a qualifying membership, and the deal doesn’t require the member to be traveling, then maybe,

They would have to call MS for you to find out...or, you can call and just ask if you book a trip for a friend during the time, would you be able to get them tickets if you are not traveling.

The thing is the owner you rented from may not want to have to make the call and deal with getting payment, etc. from you.

I don't see this as a truly much of a benefits, as I have always purchased my WDW tickets thru an authorized WDW ticket reseller, and pretty much get the same deal.

I don't know, it doesn't seem so sincere offer to me, just doesn't do justice to the blue card holders. Granted, I don't have blue card, so it doesn't matter to me, but I feel you all deserve a little bit better discounts!

Great3

It may not be some fantastic deal, but it is the first time that DVC points reservations have been given the same deal as cash guests,

So, at least DVCM was able to get us included in having the deal and could be a sign that we will be eligible for future enhancements for blue card benefits.

Comes down to a 5-10% discount.
While for most, this certainly isn't as good as buying a discounted Gold AP.
But for those who don't buy an AP and just buy regular tickets, it's actually better than the past -- while it's a small discount, there usually isn't any discount on regular tickets.

Now I wish it was buy 3 day and get 2 extra -- it costs a lot more to add the 4th day than to add the 5th and 6th days.

And it also kinda stinks that the longer you stay, the less valuable the discount. Most Disney discounts usually award you for staying longer.

Comes down to a 5-10% discount.
While for most, this certainly isn't as good as buying a discounted Gold AP.
But for those who don't buy an AP and just buy regular tickets, it's actually better than the past -- while it's a small discount, there usually isn't any discount on regular tickets.

Now I wish it was buy 3 day and get 2 extra -- it costs a lot more to add the 4th day than to add the 5th and 6th days.

And it also kinda stinks that the longer you stay, the less valuable the discount. Most Disney discounts usually award you for staying longer.
But if you use discounted gift cards to pay for those tickets, it can add up to quite a bit :)

I wonder if this a sign of more discounts to come. It is not a very big discount but it is something if you already planned on traveling and buying tickets. I am not sure the discount is enough if they are trying to entice people to visit.

I wonder if this a sign of more discounts to come. It is not a very big discount but it is something if you already planned on traveling and buying tickets. I am not sure the discount is enough if they are trying to entice people to visit.

They don't need to give DVC members a huge enticement -- the chance of losing expiring points is enough of an enticement!

For hotel cash guests, the discount kicks in with a 3-day ticket. Boosting a 3-day ticket to a 5-day ticket is a *decent* discount. Not huge, but it can be $130 to $150 per adult.
4 "adults" staying in a moderate level resort for a 4 nights.... saving $500 - $600 is a decent discount.

They don't need to give DVC members a huge enticement -- the chance of losing expiring points is enough of an enticement!

For hotel cash guests, the discount kicks in with a 3-day ticket. Boosting a 3-day ticket to a 5-day ticket is a *decent* discount. Not huge, but it can be $130 to $150 per adult.
4 "adults" staying in a moderate level resort for a 4 nights.... saving $500 - $600 is a decent discount.

I meant discounts in general, not DVC. Sorry, I wasn't clear!

Even for cash guests, this just replaced the dining plan. Maybe the math works, maybe it doesn't for the individual but if Disney has empty parks in Q1 I don't think this discount is going to be enough.

I wouldn't see an issue with you upgrading the ticket to a longer one after the fact but who knows.

I know you can get 4+2 days right now from ticket resellers so you likely need to call Disney to ask if this deal works for you or not and then check the price against elsewhere.
So looks like will be an adventure today. Called member services and initial response is they can’t apply for us since we already bought tickets. Calling the ticketing department now to see if get different response.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter