DVC welcome home kit question

KingOMiami

Mouseketeer
Greetings and salutations,

I have heard and read that when you become a member, DVC gives you a tote bag or backpack with your book o'fun. Do they also do that for people who become members through resale? I know that DW will want a bag if our contract does pass.

I know it may sound kind of ridiculous but who doesn't love free stuff?

I have heard and read that when you become a member, DVC gives you a tote bag or backpack with your book o'fun. Do they also do that for people who become members through resale? I know that DW will want a bag if our contract does pass.

No they don't.

If you are buying resale from TTS, Tom's wife has made a very lovely bath-basket gift, that is almost like a mini spa-stay. What the other resellers do or don't do, I don't know.

My (free) advice, find a DVC tote on ebay, buy it and 'present' it to your DW!

Hope that helps!

-Tony

If you buy on the resale market (as I did), Disney gets no money on the sale so they don't give you any freebies. Your money is going to the previous owner of the contract, not to Disney.

I agree with greenban -- take some of the money you are saving by buying resale and buy a DVC totebag on ebay! Then you get your contract, your tote bag and still come out ahead money-wise!

We bought a resale but wanted something to "prove" it so we went on ebay and bought a DVC pin, hat and gicilee (sp?). We just went and got it framed. It looks awesome!!!!

Another question, so because we bought re-sale we don't get a "welcome" kit, but does Disney send us anything in the future, special DVC items, information etc., or are we on are own??

Cheers

Thanks for your replies folks!

If our contract does pass, then I will look for a bag like Tony suggested.

And we are going through TTS, so I know that DW will love the basket even more!

Another question, so because we bought re-sale we don't get a "welcome" kit, but does Disney send us anything in the future, special DVC items, information etc., or are we on are own??

They will send you a member handbook. In the future you'll get any other goodies that are sent to other DVC members. They aren't particularly noteworthy (as in you'll notice there hasn't been a debate about DVC mis-spending dues money for...oh...WEEKS now! :headache: )

The detailed disclosure documents (Public Offering Statement, etc.) are supposed to be provided to a buyer by the seller. Since DVC did not sell the contract to you, they have no obligation to provide it. I've even heard of DVC sending people back to their seller for a copy of such docs if they bought resale and want a copy.

We bought through Disney so I have the tote. It's big-you probably could hide a small child in it!

We got a tote bag when we bought in June (7 months ago)...I use it to hold all my DVC stuff (Creative Filing!!!)...just added on 115 points (couldn't resist the $86/point promotion price--less than my buy-in rate), and got another tote...it's still in its plastic bag...if you want it, PM me...I surely don't need two!

I'd like mine minus the "I know the secret printing". I'll trade you and give mine away, lol.
Jim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter