Dylan Mouse and Princess Chloe's Christmas TR - Days One, Two and Part of Three

A dream is a wish

Mouseketeer
We've just got back from our lovely Christmas trip. Along with me and Chloe was my friend Rachael, her partner Jit and their son Dylan. We were there from the 20th – 23rd November, staying at the Sequoia Lodge.

Again, Chloe didn’t know when we were going so I surprised her just before we needed to leave, we were staying at a Travelodge in London the night before as we needed to be up early the next day. She was a little bit excited :rotfl:

IMG_0238.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg

Even Minnie was ready for her holiday :)

IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

The next morning we were up and ready to go to the magic :banana:

IMG_0242.jpg

IMG_0244.jpg

We did get a little confused with the train from Lille to Disneyland, we ended up at the opposite end of the platform and had to rush down to get on our coach, considering the weight of my luggage, this wasn’t fun :lmao:

Eventually we were there, we dropped off our luggage and off we went :yay:

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

We headed straight to Fantasyland.

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

I went into Auberge de Cendrillon to make a reservation for the next day but it was fully booked and they could only fit us in on Thursday.

We had a look around then went into Au Chalet de la Marionnette for lunch. The food was really good and the portions were huge! We thought that considering the price it was pretty good value.

Afterwards we were over by Meet Mickey and saw that there was a wait time of 25 minutes so decided to go in. In the end we were in and out in about 15 minutes :)

IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg

IMG_0272.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

Then we went over for our first ride on Pirates of the Caribbean.

After, Chloe wanted to go on Big Thunder Mountain, there was only a 15 minute wait so me and Chloe went on first, then Rachael and Jit had their turn. While we waited for them Chloe provided the entertainment, which Dylan thought was hilarious!

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

We decided to go over to the hotel next. On the way over, we booked Café Mickey for that evening and Thursday evening. The only time free for us was 10pm that night. When we got to Sequoia Lodge we found out that we weren’t in one of the lodges, we were in the main building, which was a nice surprise.

We were given interconnecting rooms, me and Chloe had a normal room, Rachael and Jit had a kingsize bed and cot in theirs. We decided to let the kids have a sleep so that they would be alright to eat late that evening.

When they were asleep, we unpacked a little and then me and Rachael decided to have a look around while Jit stayed with the kids. The little look around turned into cocktails in the Redwood bar :lmao: We both had the light and colour cocktail (think that was what it was called) it was so good! Neither of us bought our cameras with us so we never got to take any photos.

When we got back, I finished unpacking and took a few photos of the room.

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_0288.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

Think I packed too much for 4 days... :rotfl2:

IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0303.jpg

The secret door (according to Chloe) :rotfl2:

IMG_0304.jpg

Then we got the kids ready and headed over to Café Mickey!

Love this already wow to the princess wardrobe lol! It's amazing how a small holiday can fill one lol.

I live sequoia lodge and so excited to be arriving on Sunday. I hope you have some photos of the Xmas decs there to show :)

What a great TR - loving the photos of your DD - she is so cute!

The rooms look really nice at SL - would love to try the hotel sometime soon.

Can't wait to read more about your trip :thumbsup2.

Love this already wow to the princess wardrobe lol! It's amazing how a small holiday can fill one lol.

I live sequoia lodge and so excited to be arriving on Sunday. I hope you have some photos of the Xmas decs there to show :)

I had a look through my pictures, I haven't really taken any of the inside of the hotel, I never got round to doing it, there's only a couple but they're not that great, I'll add those on now :)

What a great TR - loving the photos of your DD - she is so cute!

The rooms look really nice at SL - would love to try the hotel sometime soon.

Can't wait to read more about your trip :thumbsup2.

Thank you very much :)

I'm going to hopefully finish off the first day tomorrow :goodvibes

That's good enough thank you :)

I have been doing a bit of planning tonight finally. Do you know what the Mickey music hall brass is? On the Disney schedule it says its outside the meet Mickey?

Subbing! Love your TR so far and that you surprised Chloe. Have you been to WDW? How would you say the two compare?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Subbing! Love your TR so far and that you surprised Chloe. Have you been to WDW? How would you say the two compare?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thank you! I've never been, I would like to go at some point but WDW is a little bit intimidating, it seems so huge!

At Café Mickey, Rachael and Jit both had the mushroom starter, steak main then Rachael had the chocolate fondant for dessert and Jit had the profiterole. They had to pay for Dylan to have a children’s main as they were only offered baby food in a jar for free. I had the caesar salad, the linguini pasta with prawns and scallops (although it actually only had 1 prawn in :lmao:) and the chocolate fondant. Chloe ate the chicken burger and the chocolate mousse for dessert. The food was ok, but there’s loads of it, we couldn’t finish it all. I was disappointed that Chloe didn't get her drink in a souvenir Cafe Mickey cup this time! Altogether though, we had a really good night and more importantly, the kids loved it! We got to meet Pluto, Mickey, Eeyore, Tigger and Goofy.

IMG_0305.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_0314.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg

IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

IMG_0324.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

IMG_0330.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

What fab photos - you can see what a great time Chloe & Dylan are having in CM! Looks like you got some nice interaction which isn't always the case there these days - often it's photo/auto/out!!

I am a little worried about our upcoming reservations there (2 nights in a row - long story :lmao:). Have to say, I don't rate the food that much and if it is packed (as it may be as it's park throwing out time after Dreams), I just don't know what it will be like. I booked as I had hoped we'd get to see some different characters but it just seems to the usual Mickey / Tigger / Eeyore etc these days which is a shame. We saw them loads in June so would like to see some different ones like Hook or Smee or Stitch - who often used to be at CM but never seem to be there these days :confused3.

Have a feeling I'll be changing our second night reservation for another restaurant but you are so limited when the park closes.

BTW - the George jumper Chloe is wearing - got one for my DD1 just the other day - it is cute and looks quite warm with a thermal top underneath :thumbsup2.

What fab photos - you can see what a great time Chloe & Dylan are having in CM! Looks like you got some nice interaction which isn't always the case there these days - often it's photo/auto/out!!

I am a little worried about our upcoming reservations there (2 nights in a row - long story :lmao:). Have to say, I don't rate the food that much and if it is packed (as it may be as it's park throwing out time after Dreams), I just don't know what it will be like. I booked as I had hoped we'd get to see some different characters but it just seems to the usual Mickey / Tigger / Eeyore etc these days which is a shame. We saw them loads in June so would like to see some different ones like Hook or Smee or Stitch - who often used to be at CM but never seem to be there these days :confused3.

Have a feeling I'll be changing our second night reservation for another restaurant but you are so limited when the park closes.

BTW - the George jumper Chloe is wearing - got one for my DD1 just the other day - it is cute and looks quite warm with a thermal top underneath :thumbsup2.

The interaction was fantastic, they came back around but I think that was because it was late and it was emptying.

We went to CM for dinner twice and breakfast on the final morning. The only different one we saw was Mr Smee, Chloe was really excited, I’d love it if Hook was there, she would go crazy!

It was as busy as in the summer earlier in the evening, I think it's because of the park closing time, in the summer there are loads of places to eat but when it’s only restricted to the village or hotels everyone seems to go there.

She wanted to wear her princess dresses all of the time but I thought she’d be more comfortable wearing that with her thermal top underneath after the long day travelling then having a nap. She didn’t mind though, it had Minnie on so it was ok! It is a lovely top though. I was glad I packed so many extra clothes! On the last day she was going to wear her Belle dress but as we were going to be travelling she wore a Tinkerbell top instead with thermals underneath, it made it easier for her.

The interaction was fantastic, they came back around but I think that was because it was late and it was emptying.

We went to CM for dinner twice and breakfast on the final morning. The only different one we saw was Mr Smee, Chloe was really excited, I’d love it if Hook was there, she would go crazy!

It was as busy as in the summer earlier in the evening, I think it's because of the park closing time, in the summer there are loads of places to eat but when it’s only restricted to the village or hotels everyone seems to go there.

She wanted to wear her princess dresses all of the time but I thought she’d be more comfortable wearing that with her thermal top underneath after the long day travelling then having a nap. She didn’t mind though, it had Minnie on so it was ok! It is a lovely top though. I was glad I packed so many extra clothes! On the last day she was going to wear her Belle dress but as we were going to be travelling she wore a Tinkerbell top instead with thermals underneath, it made it easier for her.

Thank you for the reply :). I think we'll see how the Thursday night goes. Did you see Mr Smee at the breakfast or at dinner? He used to be there a lot. Seems they are pushing the more unusual characters to the more expensive meals like the Inventions Sunday brunch which is a shame as a) not everyone can make a Sunday whereas CM is open everyday! and b) it is very expensive for a family to eat there (more than the usual dinner there).

Yes, I think we are taking a couple of dresses (2 each) but I have bought them new long sleeved tops (Disney) and hoodies (Disney) so that they can wear those if not in a dress. Depends on the weather I guess. They can wear thermals under the dresses but if it's wet the dresses tend to be a bit of a nightmare!

I can't wait to read more of your TR. Sounds like you had such an amazing trip :cool1:.

Thank you for the reply :). I think we'll see how the Thursday night goes. Did you see Mr Smee at the breakfast or at dinner? He used to be there a lot. Seems they are pushing the more unusual characters to the more expensive meals like the Inventions Sunday brunch which is a shame as a) not everyone can make a Sunday whereas CM is open everyday! and b) it is very expensive for a family to eat there (more than the usual dinner there).

Yes, I think we are taking a couple of dresses (2 each) but I have bought them new long sleeved tops (Disney) and hoodies (Disney) so that they can wear those if not in a dress. Depends on the weather I guess. They can wear thermals under the dresses but if it's wet the dresses tend to be a bit of a nightmare!

I can't wait to read more of your TR. Sounds like you had such an amazing trip :cool1:.

Sorry! I just went to add some more to the TR and noticed you'd written here!

We saw Mr Smee at the breakfast.

I saw that you'd had a lovely time, looking forward to the TR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter