E-ride transportation question etc.

vincent

Earning My Ears
In March E-rides are 7-10. Would it be best to have your car at the park or ride the busses back to the Resort and are taxis an option?

My mother (72) thinks she might enjoy the E-ride night. What rides should she avoid and are their anything else open besides the rides.

When is the latest that you can purchase an E-ride ticket.

Take the resort transportation. It's running during and after e-night.

What rides should your 72 yr old mom avoid? Small world for one! ;)

E-ride attractions are mostly in Tomorrowland, plus maybe Splash MT, BTMRR, maybe Pirates and Country Bears. I do them all but BTMRR and Space Mt because I get motion sick. Usually about 10 attractions are open on e-night.

I'm staying at Port Orleans FQ. What's wrong with using a car? and does the monorail go to MK?

Last time I was at MK I didn't go on the Jungle Boat Ride. I only remember it from when I was 6 and at Disneyland CA. My Mom will want to ride It's a Small World -- She loves it to pieces. My son remembers it too-- He will just have to suffer. I'd like to be sure to do Peter Pan ( Is it an E-ride?) Other than that we want to enjoy the atmosphere of the park. Might see the fireworks. Are they pretty much the same at all the parks. Well, too many questions. Give me what you got. Thanks.

Well, my mother wouldn't do most of the E-night rides, but your mom might -- I plan to do them when I'm 72. They are Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Country Bear Jamboree (show -- not a thrill ride -- and my mom likes it), Alien Encounter (not a coaster but kind of scary -- my mom wouldn't like it), Buzz Lightyear (ride that's like being in a video game -- you have blaster and get a score at the end. My mother would ride it but would not "get it"), Haunted Mansion (she ride its and loves it), Astro Orbiter (a kiddie-like flying ride that is way up in the sky --- she would not ride it), and Tomorrowland Transit Authority (track tour over Tomorrowland and through some attractions -- my mom would like it).

There also generally are lots of characters out on E-night, but there are VERY FEW shops and restaurants open.

The monorail goes to MK from the Transportation and Ticket Center (i.e., the parking lot).

We always use Disney transporation for E-night, but there's nothing wrong with taking your car if you want. Just remember that you can't actually take the car to the park. You park at the Ticket and Transporation Center, then ride the monorail or ferry boat to the park. We never do this b/c we arrive at opening if it's first thing in the day or arrive by monorail if we're coming from Epcot or by bus if we're coming from another park.

I have no idea whether you can take a taxi -- why would you want to?.

Fireworks per se are only at MK. Epcot has Illuminations and MGM has Fantasmic -- both are very different from each other and much more elaborate than MK's fireworks.

If you drive to MK, you have to park at the TTC. Then get a shuttle over to the TTC. Then get on a monorail or boat to the MK. If you take the resort transportation, you get off the bus at the MK.

Fireworks happen before E-night begins.

Usually don't have any Fantasyland attractions open during e-night.

Let's see if I can remember what is open - Space Mt, Buzz Lightyear, TTA, Alien Encounter, Splash, BTMRR, Country Bears, Haunted Mansion, Astro Orbiter, maybe Timekeeper?

You have to have a multiday ticket and stay at a Disney resort to purchase an e-night ticket.

vincent,
I would always suggest taking the disney bus anytime you are ging to MK. The monorail does go to MK, but, you would have to park your car at the T&TC and then ride the monorail over to MK. The resort buses drop you off & pick you up right at the gates of MK(very nice). You can purchase your e-night tickets right at your disney resort anytime before the scheduled e-night or you can purchase it at the MK the day of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter