Ear Planes for kids?

FayeW

DIS Veteran
I can't find EarPlanes for kids anywhere, the stores that carry Earplanes seem to only have them in adult size. Out of desperation I bought some Aqua Ears for kids, they look exactly the same as the Earplanes, with the hole down the center,etc. Anybody know if these will work, or where I can find the children's Earplanes?

We had to order them in to the pharmacy....not sure if the water ones are the same or not...best part, though - the kids wouldn't wear them..we gave them to another family in the departure lounge!!

Hope this helps!!:sunny:

leaving on Thursday...most pharmacies place orders every day, and receive the next, so you still might be ok...did you check WalMart?

The other thing is if your kids are old enough, and have taken decongestants before, without any adverse reactions, you could medicate them too:eek: !! We always give the boys some Chlor Tripolon before a flight, and that seems to work for them...good luck!:D

the earplanes didn't work out for any of my kids. 4,7,10. they didn't fit well (kids sizes), and didn't help with the pressure/pain. I wouldn't worry if you can't find them.
Karen

Our family swears by earplanes (and Gravol). I've never had a problem getting them at Shoppers DrugMart (and they are usually on sale).

I think I saw chilren's Earplane's in the travel store(Urban Traveller I think) at Sherway Gardens in Etobicoke.

My daughter have been flying since she was 1 yo in 20+ hours flights. The trick that works for us is for her to start drinking (water, milk, whatever) while the aircraft is taking off and while it's about to land (until it lands).

I have always done the same thing as Fat Cow .The last flight we took my daughter was howling though and she has really gotten worse at the ear thing as she has gotten older. I decided this time to try the Earplanes/decongestant route as my pharmacist pointed out that although the Earplanes technically cannot reach the section of the ear that compresses and causes pain, they may work psychologically on her. He was able to order them in kids sizes with no problem. We will see what happens!

On one flight home from WDW there was a child about 3 yrs olds screaming with pain when the plane started to take off. The flight attendent took two styrofoam cups, put a wad of cotton batting in the bottom and had the mother hold them tightly over the child's ears. Believe it or not the child quieted right down and once the seat belt light went off the mother removed the cups. She did the same when we were landing and the child was fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter