Earliest flight after debarkation - Vancouver

It's very walkable. There's an entrance just outside Canada Place (just an escalator at that one though). The main entrance is about a 5 minute walk. It really is very easy.

12:15 should be fine. The normal security line can get busy but it's usually nothing compared to most major US airports.
the closest entrance will not be the line that take you to the airport, the main one is, the 5 minute walk.

So the closest entrance is not the main one? Will there be a sign saying Vancouver airport? thank you

Yes. It specifically directs you to the further entrance for the airport/Canada line. The nearest entrance is for a different metro line. It has no elevator, just an escalator. The correct one has an elevator. You will pass an A&W restaurant on your way to the correct station. It's on Cordova St. You will turn left from Howe St, which Canada Place is on, onto Cordova.

DW has been challenged by her husband's wish to regularly use public transit to/from most airports around the world, no matter how much luggage we have. The stories we share o_O

Wants to pay DCL to transfer us from Canada Place to YVR post-cruise in mid-March 2024 . . . Yet the SkyTrain is faster, cheaper, and more or less hassle? What's a devoted, sometimes too-willful husband to do?

Our flight was with Westjet at 11am, and it was actually too close for comfort. We got there with about 30mins to spare. It didn’t help that cruise porters we’re on strike. DCL highly encouraged us to walk your own luggage off the ship. I think everyone got the hint and it was madhouse trying to get off the ship. Line was all the way down to Tianna’s then wrapped around the elevator area then into French quarter.

We also booked the DCL transportation back to the airport. On embarkation day you share same busses other cruise ships uses so it can get busy. Your 330 flight should be fine. Anything before noon is a bit nerve wracking.

Our flight was with Westjet at 11am, and it was actually too close for comfort. We got there with about 30mins to spare. It didn’t help that cruise porters we’re on strike. DCL highly encouraged us to walk your own luggage off the ship. I think everyone got the hint and it was madhouse trying to get off the ship. Line was all the way down to Tianna’s then wrapped around the elevator area then into French quarter.

We also booked the DCL transportation back to the airport. On embarkation day you share same busses other cruise ships uses so it can get busy. Your 330 flight should be fine. Anything before noon is a bit nerve wracking.
This is helpful, thank you.

Wife and I will have one large'ish rolling-bag each, plus mid/small carry-on's I would guess. Seems easier to me to just head over to the Granville/Hastings "Waterfront" SkyTrain station . . . buy our tickets w/ CCard, and head to the International Terminal at YVR for a 2:10 flight on AirCanada/United to Denver.

The her-story is (unfortunately) I have put my wife through many public transit connections to/from airports over the years. Heathrow-Jubilee Line (ouch) ... but truly it appears, "Less expensive and faster than DCL's bus transfer, SkyTrain couldn't be easier," he promises.

Anytime after 1pm is good I think per DCL.

Yes, if you are flying with united, they won't let you check in your baggage unless it's 3 hours before flight. If you do it could mess up it getting there properly. I had a 1:45 pm flight and I was able to check in early with customs. They told me to sit in the waiting area until 10:45 am to check my luggage in.

Also depending on your flight if it's after 3pm you can probably do the debarkation Vancouver excursion. That excursion will drop you off at the airport. But you must keep in mind to add time for customs, since no can predict lines and times.

This is helpful, thank you.

Wife and I will have one large'ish rolling-bag each, plus mid/small carry-on's I would guess. Seems easier to me to just head over to the Granville/Hastings "Waterfront" SkyTrain station . . . buy our tickets w/ CCard, and head to the International Terminal at YVR for a 2:10 flight on AirCanada/United to Denver.

The her-story is (unfortunately) I have put my wife through many public transit connections to/from airports over the years. Heathrow-Jubilee Line (ouch) ... but truly it appears, "Less expensive and faster than DCL's bus transfer, SkyTrain couldn't be easier," he promises.
This is easy to do in Vancouver. The Canada Line is about a 5 min walk from the cruise terminal, though it can be a little insane on cruise disembarkation in the cruise terminal area. Just make sure you take Canada Line to the airport, some trains require a transfer, but you can always wait for one that is going to YVR-Airport (it's every other one).

"Skytrain" is a funny term here in Vancouver. The Canada Line is underground from Waterfront until just at the south part of Vancouver. The other line that leaves from Waterfront is also underground for a few stations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter