Early Admission (MM/EMH/APEE) Super Thread

I didn't know about getting MM every day offered for staying onsite!! I might stay onsite every time I go now hehe it's worth the extra to get in early!!

Just a warning--when you make reservations the agent will tell you that MM is NOT officially offered with on-site stay--but in my experience I have gotten it everytime staying at a DLR hotel. Don't know why they do this--I guess if there was a huge influx of people with MM rights the hotels might restrict it . . . .

Is there any way, any how, to get extra MM tickets? I'm going in April for a Tues, Wed and Thurs. With my 3 day pass I'll get either the Tuesday or Thursday pass. But I'd like to take the kids early on Tuesday AND Thursday. Is this possible in any way, shape or form????

Yes, buy tickets from getawaytoday.com, and you will get 2 MM ticket days.

Is there any way, any how, to get extra MM tickets? I'm going in April for a Tues, Wed and Thurs. With my 3 day pass I'll get either the Tuesday or Thursday pass. But I'd like to take the kids early on Tuesday AND Thursday. Is this possible in any way, shape or form????
You don't get separate tickets for MM. They are built in to your parkhopper pass. As for your question about getting two MMs, did you read the original post in this thread? It answers this.

Just a warning--when you make reservations the agent will tell you that MM is NOT officially offered with on-site stay--but in my experience I have gotten it everytime staying at a DLR hotel. Don't know why they do this--I guess if there was a huge influx of people with MM rights the hotels might restrict it . . . .

I think a big thing is that the reservations people aren't necessarily the people at the hotel. I know that WDTC certainly aren't at the hotel.

But when we checked in to Paradise Pier, they gave us a lovely sheet of paper with all sorts of info, including the info about multiple EE days, AND the CM told us *exactly* what days we would have EE during our stay.

I think a big thing is that the reservations people aren't necessarily the people at the hotel. I know that WDTC certainly aren't at the hotel.

But when we checked in to Paradise Pier, they gave us a lovely sheet of paper with all sorts of info, including the info about multiple EE days, AND the CM told us *exactly* what days we would have EE during our stay.

Yep--that's what happened to me too--but like the PP said I'm sure that if they wanted to they could take away the MM rights from on-site guests . . . which I don't understand frankly . . . I would think the MM rights would be a major selling point for paying more to stay on-site . . . . .

Thanks, which days can you get in early at DLH. We are arriving late Thursday and leaving late afternoon Sunday.

Thanks, which days can you get in early at DLH. We are arriving late Thursday and leaving late afternoon Sunday.
MM days are Tue/Thurs/Sat/Sun.

You'd be entitled to Thurs (if you arrived early), Sat & Sun. for Early Entry aka MM (Magical Mornings) into Disneyland.

Just about all the info you might need for MM...... can be found in the first post of this thread. Have fun. :thumbsup2

We are staying at the DLH in August for 4 nights using DVC points. We did not buy a package with our room. Will we be able to access EE everytime it is available? or did I have to buy a package with tickets with my room?
I have a 2 year old and the EE will be great for her in fantasyland.

We are staying at the DLH in August for 4 nights using DVC points. We did not buy a package with our room. Will we be able to access EE everytime it is available? or did I have to buy a package with tickets with my room?
I have a 2 year old and the EE will be great for her in fantasyland.

Multiple MM (formerly known as EE) visits are allowable for guests of all 3 DLR hotels. So yes, you'll be able to enjoy multiple days (even if you bought the tickets elsewhere).

& Yes....MM is great way to enjoy Fantasyland (& Buzz) with your 2 year old. (or your 22 year old. ;)) :thumbsup2

A lot of these questions could be answered very simply by looking at the first post. That was the entire point of the thread.

Has anyone gone directly to NEMO on MM? If so did it take the whole hour?

Yes and yes.

We did walk straight there, but people were running past us like mad. I'm kind of limited on speed because of some ankle problems. If you decide to run or walk really fast you may do better than we did. But personally I don't think wasting an Early entry is worth it. You'll have about as short lines later that night or shortly before the park closes.

When we rode Nemo it was two weeks after it opened last June and the crowds were more crazy then than now. We arrived at the DL gates at 6:20AM for a 7AM MM and were first in line at our gate. We walked with purpose - but no running - to the Nemo ride and were the third group there. We rode the first sub. The only bummer was that at that time (and maybe still now) they were having trouble keeping the subs going. After the park closed at midnight the lines for Nemo were two hours long, so they ran Nemo until 2AM. Trying to do maintenance and get everything going again by 7AM was really tough. The end result was that we waited 30 minutes for them to get the first sub launched. We finished at about 7:50AM. If not for the 30 minute delay we would have been off Nemo by 7:20AM and were planning to head to Fantasyland. Instead we only got in one more ride during MM - the Astro Orbiters.

Bottom line is that if you get to the gates early (not sure how early is needed these days - at least 30 minutes) you can get on one of the first subs and then have some more MM time left if all goes well.

Is the Nemo ride in DL really worth it? The one at the Living Seas in EPCOT to me is a bit of a disappointment

The Nemo rides are completely different. The Epcot one is more similar to a Haunted Mansion type ride. The one at DL is a submarine ride in which you actually watch out the sub's windows. I felt much more immersed in the DL one. The Epcot one, IMO, didn't have that Disney immersive feel (except for the Eastern Australian Current part).

With that said, the DL is more worth standing in a longer line for. I'm not saying it's worth waiting an hour, but I'd probably wait 30-45 minutes max. It's fun, better than Epcots, but not super amazing. If you are there for 3 or more days, then I would recommend it. For day trips or even 2 day trips I would not put it high on my priorities, unless you have little kids who love Nemo.

The Nemo rides are completely different. The Epcot one is more similar to a Haunted Mansion type ride. The one at DL is a submarine ride in which you actually watch out the sub's windows. I felt much more immersed in the DL one. The Epcot one, IMO, didn't have that Disney immersive feel (except for the Eastern Australian Current part).

With that said, the DL is more worth standing in a longer line for. I'm not saying it's worth waiting an hour, but I'd probably wait 30-45 minutes max. It's fun, better than Epcots, but not super amazing. If you are there for 3 or more days, then I would recommend it. For day trips or even 2 day trips I would not put it high on my priorities, unless you have little kids who love Nemo.
I have not yet seen the Nemo at Epcot (will get to it in May) but I do know that DLR29 is right that they are completely different rides. With that said, I and most others who have been on Nemo at DL agree with the summary above. It is nice, unique, but not a huge "wow" factor.

Thanks for the NEMO advice. Im still not certain when we will hit this ride. We will have 2 MM with our tickets but still dont know if its worth using that time rather than just biting the bullet and waiting in line at a regular time.

Hydroguy..when you got to the park(in line) at 6:20am, where did you park or how did you arrive?

Thanks for the NEMO advice. Im still not certain when we will hit this ride. We will have 2 MM with our tickets but still dont know if its worth using that time rather than just biting the bullet and waiting in line at a regular time.

Hydroguy..when you got to the park(in line) at 6:20am, where did you park or how did you arrive?

With 2 MM's, I would certainly use one of them for Nemo. Fantasyland one morning, Nemo the other. Nothing really else is open during MM except some Tomorrowland rides such as Space and Buzz, which can be done any time with FP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter