Early Entry - A Little Confused

Hollymom1229

Art's Girl
When I originally read about Early Entry at DL it said that it was only for those holding a 3-day or longer hopper. Then I also read that it is open to all those staying at a Disney Hotel. DH and I will be staying at DLH and have 2-day hoppers. I just wanted to confirm that we'll be able to do early entry. We have a short list of must do's and we're hoping to get the Fantasyland ones done during this hour.

Also here's the list of Fantasyland must do's, do you think we could get them all done in that hour. If so we only have 7 other must do's for the rest of the day and then we can just enjoy touring.

Matterhorn Bobsleds
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Alice in Wonderland
Peter Pan's Flight
Pinocchio's Daring Journey
Storybook Land Canal Boats

Hollymom1229 said:
When I originally read about Early Entry at DL it said that it was only for those holding a 3-day or longer hopper. Then I also read that it is open to all those staying at a Disney Hotel. DH and I will be staying at DLH and have 2-day hoppers. I just wanted to confirm that we'll be able to do early entry. We have a short list of must do's and we're hoping to get the Fantasyland ones done during this hour.

Also here's the list of Fantasyland must do's, do you think we could get them all done in that hour. If so we only have 7 other must do's for the rest of the day and then we can just enjoy touring.

Matterhorn Bobsleds
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Alice in Wonderland
Peter Pan's Flight
Pinocchio's Daring Journey
Storybook Land Canal Boats
Yes, since July 2005 DLR has allowed resort guests in for EE - even for two day visitors.

If you get to the gates at least 15 minutes before EE begins - 30 minutes is better - you can easily get all of the above done during EE except for Storybook Land, which typically is not open for EE. You would need to save that one for regular hours.

You should do Peter Pan first and then Matterhorn. The others build lines much more slowly.

Hi Hollymom202,

I think I can answer your question. Not all 3+ day park hoppers have early entry. Those that do state at the back of the tickets "park hopper with bonus" or something along that line. Such tickets come with ONE early entry. This means you can choose only one day out of your ticket for early entry.

The lucky people staying at a DL hotel get unlimited early entry. You get early entry for the duration of your visit. I believe the resort staff will give you a pass stating you are a resort guest. You show the pass and voila, early entry every day.

Hope this helps. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Guests of the 3 Disney hotels do indeed get EE any day during their stay that EE is offered (typically Mon, Tue, Thur, Sat) provided they have a valid pass for that day (parkhopper, single park, AP...) To get EE, you must show the white charge slip that is given to hotel guests at check-in. This shows the dates of your stay.

So, for example, with a 2 day parkhopper and a 2 night stay at DLH:
-you would be able to get into DL for EE on Monday and Tuesday if you checked in on Sunday, assuming you don't use up one of your parkhopper days on Sunday.
- or - you would be able to use EE on Sat. if you checked in either Thu or Fri
- however, you won't be able to use EE at all if you check in on Thur and use your parkhopper on Thur and Friday

Not only will you be able to do all the rides listed except for Storybook Land during the EE hour, but you will be able to do them in about 1/2 hour if you follow HydroGuy's advice and get to the gates 15-20 minutes early and do Peter Pan first. A couple of rides in Tomorrowland are also open for EE including Buzz Lightyear and Space Mountain. I do NOT recommend you use your EE time for Space. It takes too long (wasting valuable EE time). Instead, get a FP after park opening, and ride it later in the day.

Thank you all so much, being from the West Coast I have no doubt we'll be able to get up real early for rope drop. A 6:30 AM wake up call in our room would be like sleeping in on our body clocks. If we can get everything done but the canal boats we can then hoof it over for HM and PotC during EE.

Hollymom1229 said:
Thank you all so much, being from the West Coast I have no doubt we'll be able to get up real early for rope drop. A 6:30 AM wake up call in our room would be like sleeping in on our body clocks. If we can get everything done but the canal boats we can then hoof it over for HM and PotC during EE.
And HM and POTC will be open at regular park opening. In fact, it would be best to do Storybook Land right after EE when it opens. Then do HM and POTC. I would do POTC first this summer because the lines have not been very predictable since the refurb.

From what I understand, and I was just there two weeks ago, early entry ONLY operates on TUESDAY, THURSDAY and SATURDAY.
Just my understanding.

mommy2kael said:
From what I understand, and I was just there two weeks ago, early entry ONLY operates on TUESDAY, THURSDAY and SATURDAY.
Just my understanding.
And Monday too.

HydroGuy said:
If you get to the gates at least 15 minutes before EE begins - 30 minutes is better -
Thanks for this tip!

Can anyone tell me what time EE is on Saturday? I think regular park opening is 9... so would EE be 8:00??

Since we are going west we figure getting up early will be a breeze!
Hope to make the rope drop! :dance3:

Rella Bella said:
Thanks for this tip!

Can anyone tell me what time EE is on Saturday? I think regular park opening is 9... so would EE be 8:00??

Since we are going west we figure getting up early will be a breeze!
Hope to make the rope drop! :dance3:
EE in its current form is always 1 hour before regular park opening. During high season DL opens at 8AM and thus EE is 7AM. At other times of the year DL opens at 9AM and sometimes 10AM in low season.

HydroGuy said:
EE in its current form is always 1 hour before regular park opening. During high season DL opens at 8AM and thus EE is 7AM. At other times of the year DL opens at 9AM and sometimes 10AM in low season.
Thank you!!! :wave2:

Is there any other way to do EE if you aren't staying on-site or don't have a 3 day park hopper? (Wish we had 3 days !!!) We will be using the 2 day park hopper and are staying at HoJo's. We really need the extra time if possible!

lg3 said:
Is there any other way to do EE if you aren't staying on-site or don't have a 3 day park hopper? (Wish we had 3 days !!!) We will be using the 2 day park hopper and are staying at HoJo's. We really need the extra time if possible!
Well, yes. Buy the 3 day tickets and just use 2 of the days. But that is an extra $33 per adult ticket. Other than that, unfortunately the answer is no.

I wonder if I am dreaming :Pinkbounc or really trying to make a plan that works??? :confused3 We live in Hawaii so traveling east . We leave on 6;30 am flight, take another flight to LAX but arrive at 4:30 , with traffic :furious: so what time till we arrive? Can a family of DH, DW, DS(has Downs), DD9 , get up at what time in order to be at gate at 9am EE??? We are staying at DLH. :confused3 Any one do this on first day??? Do you go to bed early on 2nd day (i dont see us going to bed early easily first nite), what has worked for your families???Thursday EE is at (or BE at gate at 8:30) I really would like to plan on this opportunity. :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter