Early reservations vs. later disounts

kdmoore

Earning My Ears
Hi there! I wonder if anyone out there can help me with a question.

My wife and I are going to WDW in December 2003. No disount programs are available for then right now.

Should be book now, or wait and see what discounts are available a three or four months from now?

If we book now, and some great discounts for December become available in say September, can we call up and have our reservation changed to incorporate the discount program savings? If so, can the rest of our reservation remain intact, or would we have to cancel our existing reservations and find new availability, possibly even at different dates.

Thank you so much for your help.

Kevin

If you have AAA, book a reservation with at least that. It is some type of discount, and you can always adjust the reservation later when codes or specials come out.

Even if you don't have AAA, book something. Book through CRO and only one night's deposit is due before you arrive, with a 5 day cancellation policy.
hello.gif

:sunny::bounce::Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce::sunny:

You can make your reservation now and then if a code comes up, you can apply it to your existing reservation. I would definitely book now to make sure you get the resort and room you want, then keep watching the boards and sign up for mousesavers updates www.mousesavers.com.

Hope this helps

This may sound like a strange question, but can you call and make another reservation when you already have one in the system? If I remember correctly, as a CM we weren't supposed to have more than one reservation at a time for a particular time frame. Is this the same for regular guest? I know this sounds strange but I've not gone down to WDW since I was a CM. Is it easy to transfer a reservation to one that has a better discount? If not, do you have to call up to get the better discounted rate and then call back to cancel the other one?

Thanks for your help on these questions.

steven

To my knowledge, you're not making a new reservation when you take the better discount, you're simply applying the code to the old reservation.

I know it's possible to have more than one reservation on the system, whether it's strictly legal or not (in disney terms), I'm not sure.

I called last week to see if a standard CBR was available, the CM at CRO knew (maybe by my phone number?) that I already had a rez at CSR. She asked what I wanted to do with it. I switched resorts so she moved my down payments from CSR to CBR. Since the CSR was more, I have a credit that will be applied to my final payment (due when we check in). When you call 1-407-W-DISNEY, the automated program asks for your phone number. I imagine if you put in a different number they wouldn't know you already had a reservation.

I find it kind of freaky that they keep all the information on your family. The CM was reading my kids names and their ages back to me. And she knew the last time we visited - big brother is a mouse??;)

Here is my 2 cents.

I would make your reservation as soon as you can and here is why.

I made my reservation at the Swan for my solo trip Dec 26 to Jan 3 on April 22nd.

When I called today just to check on something, I was told by a reservationist that the rates for the Swan had just gone up and that if I booked the same Club level King bed AP rate reservation now, it would be $236.48 instead of the $209.06 that I did get. This saved me $219.36.

My thoery is that you never know when rates are going to go up and it is best to get a good rate when you can and use a code later if possible.

I hope this helps,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter