Earthquake!

PryncessChrysty

Merrily on our way to nowhere in particular
Everybody at my work is freaking out right now! It was a decent shake, but it didn't last very long....not sure how big/where yet.

I'm in Brea....where did you feel it?

It was a 3.8 in Yorba Linda.... I live out passed San Bernardino and didn't feel it. My friend is in Anaheim and felt it!!

Here's the info, no wonder it was a decent shake here in Brea, we're the next town over.

A minor earthquake occurred at 4:56:22 PM (PDT) on Thursday, April 23, 2009.
The magnitude 3.8 event occurred 3 km (2 miles) NE of Yorba Linda, CA.
The hypocentral depth is 0 km (0.0 miles).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Magnitude 3.8 - local magnitude (ML)
Time Thursday, April 23, 2009 at 4:56:22 PM (PDT)
Thursday, April 23, 2009 at 23:56:22 (UTC)
Distance from Yorba Linda, CA - 3 km (2 miles) NE (43 degrees)
Placentia, CA - 9 km (5 miles) ENE (72 degrees)
Chino Hills, CA - 9 km (5 miles) SSW (207 degrees)
Orange, CA - 13 km (8 miles) NNE (28 degrees)
Los Angeles Civic Center, CA - 47 km (29 miles) ESE (110 degrees)

Coordinates 33 deg. 54.4 min. N (33.907N), 117 deg. 45.9 min. W (117.766W)
Depth 0 km (0.0 miles)
Location Quality Fair
Location Quality Parameters Nst=124, Nph=124, Dmin=9 km, Rmss=0.52 sec, Erho=0.3 km, Erzz=0.6 km, Gp=18 degrees
Event ID# ci10399801

wow you guys down there get them a lot :eek:
index_map.gif

My worker and I both felt it. And we were waiting for a code in the hospital to be called. We are under ground in what was an old bomb shelter, and we are on wheels as well, so we felt it pretty good.

Skakey shakey!

We didn't get it up here. The last one that was in that area we felt over here though.

I've never felt an earthquake while in California!

I wouldn't mind though, cuz we get them in Puerto Rico too, but I would still be scared. lol

I don't like them either. I've been in quite a few tiny ones and several pretty good shakers and I just never get used to it. Not to scare you all, but I always worry there will be a bigger one coming along next. We get them a lot up here too. But the last one I was in was at DLR last July. :scared1: It was so large they had to shut down all the rides for inspections. Did they have to do that this time?

After an earthquake I always go to the USGS site and answer their questions about feeling it. I like to do my part for science. :)

Take care everyone and use this as a reminder to make sure you are stocked up with water and food. I try to keep 3 cases of water bottles on hand. As we go through them, I replace them. This way, the water stays fresh and we should have enough in an emergency.

We were at dinner. We didn't feel a thing. This was the first we have heard of it. Sounds like it was a really little one.

I was at Union Station at the time so doubt I would have felt an atom bomb go off.

NOT FAIR
I wanted to ride the earthquakes. I love the rollers the best. Just set in bed and feel them tremors rolling and well it is a fun ride and I have been in LA on top of a parking garage during a strong one, now that was fun.

I saw that on Breaking News this evening. We obviously didn't feel it out here(ft. irwin). But I did experience my first ever earthquake right before Christmas. DH and I were sitting on the couch and the house started to shake- it was really weird and scary at the same time.

hmmm the earthquakes are coming both south Cali and North Cali(had a couple a few weeks ago). with the weather we have had i think we all know the deal. be safe people....

Do you get earthquakes at certain times of year? Like is there earthquake season? Or are they completely out of the blue?

Please excuse my naivety, I've never felt an earth quake before, and being from Oz, it's extremely rare for one to occur.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter