Easter Dinner

Last minute decision DH and I will be hosting DD and fiance, my mom, my sister, BIL, and nephew. Two are gluten free. I plan to make meatballs. I use oatmeal instead of bread crumbs so they are gluten free. Mom is making twice baked potatoes. Sister is making a vegetable and a relish tray. I will also do devilled eggs and whatever else I can think of.

For dessert, I am undecided. DH says angel food cake, which sounds good. I might also do Rice Krispie bars and/or monster cookies that are gluten free.

We stick with tradition even though the kids are now adults and some of the older folks are no longer with us. We have a breakfast with eggs Benedict with the usual accompaniments. Can’t forget the libations. For dinner it’s leg of lamb cooked on the grill with roasted potatoes and what ever else comes to mind.

DH works this weekend, and we don't really "celebrate" Easter any more - kids are "too old" for baskets and eggs (wahhhhhh), and older son isn't coming home from school for it, anyway.

So, I am going to throw a ham in for the meat eaters, will make some homemade cheesy potatoes, some asparagus with bearnaise, rolls, and some kind of dessert. Probably a salad, too. And deviled eggs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter