Eat at home 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night was fish tacos! Tonight is pasta with meat sauce. I was super tempted to order pizza, but I will make this easy meal. Would take longer to drive to Pizza Hut. I'm too cheap for Delivery!

Yesterday we had Broccoli Soup with Cashew Cream. Very good.

Tonight we had homemade Calzones with spinach, onion and mushroom filling (in tomato sauce) and steamed broccoli. (Yes, broccoli was on sale this week!)

TP

Would love the recipe for broccoli soup with cashew cream please.

Got behind posting:)...

Sun - Burgers/Fries (Out)
Mon - Crockpot chicken cacciatore, rice, apple-cran muffins
Tues - Sausage stuffing balls (used leftover stuffing from last week), roasted carrot soup, strawberries
Wed - Bacon, scrambled eggs, potato hash, orange slices
Thurs - Rosemary garlic pork loin, mashed potatoes, baked kale chips, sliced apples
Fri - Homemade pizza and something from my CSA box (don't know what's coming, so it will be a surprise side:)
Sat - Out

Kristy

Just returned from our visit to Walt Disney World. Before we left, I cleaned out my fridge... I have a few eggs and some carrots in there. So, I have to go shopping.

After eating a mostly carbs for a week straight, I'm looking for healthy options. Who has suggestions?

The butter chicken is in the crock (we moved the menu around a little bit this week)...but we don't feel like eating it! :lmao:

I have a frozen pizza on deck should we still feel the same way in an hour! Then we'll have the butter chicken tomorrow and again on Sunday and go ahead with the bean burritos on Saturday night!

How is everyone doing? I can't believe it but it's almost time for a eat at home 3! That's amazing! Once the thread reaches page 249 I will make the new one! Wow

Tonight we had good old spaghetti and sauce
Tomorrow will be beef in gravy
Sunday is hot dogs.

Have a great weekend!

Last night we had leftover grilled chicken on salad with rolls

Tonight we are having ribs, baked potatoes, leftover shredded brussel sprout salad, and fruit.

Last night was fish tacos! Tonight is pasta with meat sauce. I was super tempted to order pizza, but I will make this easy meal. Would take longer to drive to Pizza Hut. I'm too cheap for Delivery!

Quoting myself! I caved and ordered the pizza, DH picked it up on his way home. The evening was just so busy I just couldn't imagine messing up the kitchen and taking the time to do it! So Wed was pizza, Thursday was pulled pork. Friday was pasta with meat sauce. For lunch we just had crackers, cheese, pepperoni, hummous, etc. Dinner tonight will be burgers, with bacon!

Lunch tomorrow, some kind of salad with chicken.

Dinner tomorrow...snacky appetizers while watching the commercials!!! Oh, I mean, while watching the Super Bowl! I'm making nachos with the leftover pulled pork, apple nachos, potato skins, buffalo chicken blasts, veggies, chips and dip, and that will probably be about it! Need to cook the chicken this afternoon.

My freezer is finally starting to empty out! I'm proud of myself for sticking with it. I did purchase chicken yesterday, but just 2 big bone in breasts, which will be enough for both the salads, and the buffalo blasts. Progress feels good!

Menu Plan - week of 2/2/14

Sunday- chili, pizza, bean dip with chips and veggie platter
Monday - leftovers
Tuesday - frittata with spinach salad
Wednesday - soup and sandwiches
Thursday - tacos, Spanish rice, beans
Friday - meatloaf, potatoes and green beans

Hi All.

Sunday: Super Bowl- pizza, meatball sliders, queso and chips, boneless chicken wings

Monday: Potato stew with sausage, green peas

Tuesday: Pork Tenderloin, mac and cheese, green beans and rolls

Wednesday: Manhattan Meatballs served over rice with a side of carrots

Thursday: Chicken soft tacos, Spanish rice and refried beans

Friday: Pesto chicken pasta with zucchini, salad and garlic bread

Saturday: Cheeseburger pie, sweet corn and fries

Have a great week!

Tonight we are having Cincinnati chili over spaghetti with fruit.

Monday will be leftover ribs with fried potatoes and green beans

Tuesday will be ham slices with baked mac and cheese

Wednesday will be apple meatloaf with mashed sweet potatoes

Thursday will be leftover chili however you want it

Friday will be tilapia for mom, kielbasa for me with cous cous and brocolli

Saturday will be balsamic beef with noodles and glazed carrots

Joining in this great thread:

Today: Rustic Beef Short Ribs with Mustard Sauce
Monday: Chili
Tuesday: Bavarian Roast Pork with Sauerkraut in slow cooker
Wednesday: Red Lentil, Carrot, and Curry Stew in slow cooker
Thursday: Jalapeño Popper Chicken Breasts with Roasted Potatoes

That is all I have so far. I hope to get some more ideas from this great thread.

This week:

Sunday: frozen pizza, salad
Monday: taco's with enough for leftovers
Tues: scrambled eggs with diced ham and leftover tomato from the taco's, toast
Wed. leftover taco's
Thurs: baked fish, rice, green beans
Friday: subway subs
Sat: Ham and Mac and Cheese
Sunday stroganoff with enough for leftovers
Monday: Pork chops, rice, lima beans

A friend shared this recipe that I might just try
http://funnyloveblog.com/2013/10/22/pizzadilla-pizza-quesadilla/

Here' my menu for the week! Hope I can stick with it!

Monday
Smothered chicken, rice

Tuesday
Spaghetti with home made low fat turkey meatballs

Wednesday
Pizza at church

Thursday
Chicken sliders/BBQ chicken sliders Roasted potatoes Roasted veggies

Friday
Make your own pizza and Olympic party stuff!

Hi everyone - Wow almost at 250 pages!!! go us!!

this week is just the Hubs and I .. I joined weight watchers last wednesday and now have my plan all figured out.. I am trying to do it low carb style as I need to get my numbers back down for my diabetes or my Dr will make me give myself a shot again!! :sad: .. so I joined WW mostly for the meetings.. I love the leader in our main center on Sat Am and I love that I HAVE to weigh in every week.. we also will go to the gym Tues/Thurs/Fri this week.

Monday - Zuppa Soup and Salad with OG dressing for us both - hubs might have toast or crackers with his.
Tuesday - Chicken Stirfry made with Saute Express Teriyaki cubes, chicken breast, and a bag of broccoli slaw and dreamfields angel hair pasta
Wednesday - Grilled Boneless BBQ Pork Chops, brussels, Mashed Cauliflower, Hubs will have his with L/O homemade Mac & Cheese and carrots
Thursday - Baked Pollock with light breading of crumbs, lemon pepper and Parm cheese, garlic and herb sautee zucchini and sautee Green beans.. Hubs will have a chicken pot pie instead of fish..
Friday - Low Carb Tortilla Pizza with sausage, onion, cheese and sauce for us both ..
Saturday ?
Sunday - out to dinner for a family Bday..

Hope you all have a fantastic week!!

Friday: Mac and cheese
Saturday: free for all (whatever you want to make)
Sunday: Chicken wings, subs, fruit, chips
Monday: Ham, mac and cheese, green beans, french fries
Tuesday: OMG chicken, stuffing, corn
Wed: Fetticini alfredo, garlic bread, salad
Thursday: Roast, carrots, potatoes
Friday: enchiladas

Friday: Mac and cheese
Saturday: free for all (whatever you want to make)
Sunday: Chicken wings, subs, fruit, chips
Monday: Ham, mac and cheese, green beans, french fries
Tuesday: OMG chicken, stuffing, corn
Wed: Fetticini alfredo, garlic bread, salad
Thursday: Roast, carrots, potatoes
Friday: enchiladas

What is OMG chicken?? sounds interesting :)

What is OMG chicken?? sounds interesting :)

I got the receipe off of Pinterest. It 4 chicken breasts, 1/2 cup of sour cream or yogart or mayo - depending on your taste, 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese, italian seasoned bread crumbs.

Mix sour cream (yogart or mayo), with parmesan cheese. Spread over chicken and top with bread crumbs. Bake 350 for 30 min or until chicken is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter