Eat at home 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just went to our Hispanic local grocery store and my DH got me a late Xmas present, a tamale steamer! Last year I used our turkey fryer basket and covered it with tin foil. This will save me some frustration and hopefully make the process quicker!
This is my blog from last year so you can see how I do it:) I will be posting more today.
http://tinkmomfoodie-foodobsession.blogspot.com/2011/04/tamale-and-double-double-coupon-day.html

It's time consuming more than anything. It just took me two hours to make a ton of tamales. But the end result is awesome! I have them on the stove now. I am going to make some rice to go along with them for dinner.
008-2.jpg

It's time consuming more than anything. It just took me two hours to make a ton of tamales. But the end result is awesome! I have them on the stove now. I am going to make some rice to go along with them for dinner.
008-2.jpg

I love tamales... We just got back from South Texas for Christmas and we ate some wonderful Tamels while we were there.

I'm back in.

Just back from food shopping so I am stocked

Tonite is just hamburger and hot dog night. with onion rings....mmmm

Tomorrow will be Pork roast with garlic potatoes and green beans

Friday Chicken and broccoli with rice(fried if there is leftover pork just white if not) and dumplings

Saturday- NYE! Appetizers galore

Sunday- Ribs and mashed potatoes

Thanks for all the menu ideas, will share mine just as soon as I figure it out. Wanted to share as I am not venting just :scared1:! LOL :) I received a Mickey Mouse waffle iron for Christmas. I am watching my great nephew (5) as my niece is currently a hot mess and giving her husband a quick break....thought I was the cool aunt with MM waffles. My great nephew ate easy mac. I have a LONG way to go to "train" another Disney lover. :rotfl2:

well since its just me i don't have to plan a new meal each night. right now i have some veggie broth/stock cooking on the stove made from some scrap veggies/about to expire ones. i will make some veggie soup from that for dinner the rest of the week. i got mozz cheese on sale for a good price so i just had grilled cheese and can make those to go with the soup.

i am about to make some crustless quiches (or mini frittatas) to reheat for breakfast the next three days. i bought bread for lunch but just realized no lunchmeat, so it will be pb & j the rest of the week.

after the new year i need to get back into the swing of things. i have had terrible eating habits during this holiday season. hopefully the thread will give me some good ideas.

Last week was crazy for us so trying to get back on track now.

Thursday: chicken quesadillas, cheese dip and chips, Spanish rice
Friday: hamburgers, Ranch pasta salad, pickles
Saturday: appetizer night
Sunday: chicken and dressing, black eyed peas, and brussel sprouts
Monday: leftover burgers
Tuesdy: leftover chicken and dressing
Wednesday/Thursday: meatball subs, 7 layer salad

im going to join in. we have some restaurant gift cards from Christmas. put other than using those i dont plan on eating out for the next few weeks unless using gift cards. i am going to go through my freezer and see what i can come up as far as a plan.

I'm back in.

Just back from food shopping so I am stocked

Tonite is just hamburger and hot dog night. with onion rings....mmmm

Tomorrow will be Pork roast with garlic potatoes and green beans

Friday Chicken and broccoli with rice(fried if there is leftover pork just white if not) and dumplings

Saturday- NYE! Appetizers galore

Sunday- Ribs and mashed potatoes

Welcome back!

im going to join in. we have some restaurant gift cards from Christmas. put other than using those i dont plan on eating out for the next few weeks unless using gift cards. i am going to go through my freezer and see what i can come up as far as a plan.

Welcome aboard!

Been doing good not eating out....I think the only meal we've eaten out in 3 weeks was the chinese buffet on 12/23 after school, cost about $32 for the 4 of us. Not positive if there were other meals, but I'm pretty sure that was it.

Plans for the next week in no particular order:

-chicken scallopine over pasta
-cheeseburgers, lettuce, tomato and onions, fries
-subway (we got a gift card for Christmas)
-on NYE: cocktail meatballs (I'm working..everyone is bringing stuff in, husband and kids are going to my mom's, I'll split between work/mom’s)
-roasted chicken, brussel sprouts with balsamic and cranberries, mashed potatoes, chicken gravy
-peach whiskey bbq chicken with left over mashed potatoes, asparagus
-homemade chicken soup (using left over roasted chicken) and grilled cheese sandwiches

Been doing good not eating out....I think the only meal we've eaten out in 3 weeks was the chinese buffet on 12/23 after school, cost about $32 for the 4 of us. Not positive if there were other meals, but I'm pretty sure that was it.

Plans for the next week in no particular order:

-chicken scallopine over pasta
-cheeseburgers, lettuce, tomato and onions, fries
-subway (we got a gift card for Christmas)
-on NYE: cocktail meatballs (I'm working..everyone is bringing stuff in, husband and kids are going to my mom's, I'll split between work/mom’s)
-roasted chicken, brussel sprouts with balsamic and cranberries, mashed potatoes, chicken gravy
-peach whiskey bbq chicken with left over mashed potatoes, asparagus
-homemade chicken soup (using left over roasted chicken) and grilled cheese sandwiches

I just saw a recipe on pintrest for the brussle sprouts with cranberries and balsamic.... Have you tried this yet?

Man what a week of trying new things. But thankfully everything has been so good!
Wednesday I made waffles on my new waffle maker, today my dd my doughnuts on her new baby cake dounuts maker
Right now I am baking cupcakes for dh's birthday from the cupcake diarys from the girls of dd cupcake
And tonight I am making my first prime rib.
:thumbsup2

Today we were out running around helping my grandma get things for Sunday's dinner. So our dinner tonight is going to be simple, grilled ham and cheese sandwiches with tomato soup.

So, things are changing tonight. I got knocked out by a headache about 4:00pm so I did not have the energy to get anything done for dinner. We are ordering pizza/breadsticks... but I was careful with what I got so I will still be under my calorie goal.

Hoping to join in this thread, but I am not off to a good start. I am typing this from chick fil a on my ipad. :rotfl: We really only came to burn off some energy on the indoor playground since DH is out of town tonight.;)
Plan to make a menu and grocery list tonight. Gotta get motivated!

Hoping to join in this thread, but I am not off to a good start. I am typing this from chick fil a on my ipad. :rotfl: We really only came to burn off some energy on the indoor playground since DH is out of town tonight.;)
Plan to make a menu and grocery list tonight. Gotta get motivated!

You can do it... It was difficult for me at first but I am getting better each week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter