Eat at Home 3!

I let them plan May’s meal plan. We don’t have any out of town things planned in May (comp season is over!) so we should be able to eat at home.

My grocery goal for the month is $200, and to keep my husband out of the store. Our garden is producing lettuce and radishes, so we will try to eat as much of those as possible. We grew a heirloom radish, where you eat the tops as salad. So “green salad” is anything random I can put ranch on
  1. Pasta salad, chicken breast, green salad
  2. Chef salad
  3. Beef crunchy tacos, green salad
  4. Beef crunch tacos, green salad again
  5. Chicken burritos, green salad
  6. Pepperoni Pizza, green salad
  7. Spaghetti, green beans
  8. Meatloaf, fried radishes, peas
  9. Beef lo mein, carrots, roasted broccoli
  10. Grilled ham and cheese, green salad
  11. Alfredo, green salad
  12. Big Mac salad
  13. Fajita chicken avocado pizza
  14. Chicken fajita green salad
  15. Cheeseburgers, potato salad, baked beans
  16. Sausage, peppers, green beans on rice
  17. Cheese, chicken, broccoli loaded potatoes
  18. Hamburger steak with mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes, peas
  19. Beef taco salad
  20. Beef taco salad again
  21. BLTs, fruit salad
  22. Pancakes, sausage, fruit salad
  23. Steak, roasted carrots, potatoes and radishes
  24. Lemon garlic roasted whole chicken, green beans, corn
  25. Grit breakfast casserole, fruit salad
  26. Chicken curry, green beans
  27. Thai coconut chicken something
  28. Manwich, baked beans, green salad
  29. Chicken and waffles
  30. Chicken salad croissants, fruit salad
  31. Chicken salad croissants, fruit salad again

I let them plan May’s meal plan. We don’t have any out of town things planned in May (comp season is over!) so we should be able to eat at home.

My grocery goal for the month is $200, and to keep my husband out of the store. Our garden is producing lettuce and radishes, so we will try to eat as much of those as possible. We grew a heirloom radish, where you eat the tops as salad. So “green salad” is anything random I can put ranch on
  2. Chef salad
  11. Alfredo, green salad
  12. Big Mac salad
  19. Beef taco salad
  21. BLTs, fruit salad
  29. Chicken and waffles
Your menu looks amazing!!!

2. Chef salad
  11. Alfredo, green salad
  12. Big Mac salad
  19. Beef taco salad
  21. BLTs, fruit salad
  29. Chicken and waffles

I might just have to try to do a menu for the month. Sounds like an interesting approach, and we could do with clearing out the freezer too.

I might just have to try to do a menu for the month. Sounds like an interesting approach, and we could do with clearing out the freezer too.

That is one of the reasons I started, my freezer and pantry are too full.

Another was cost. I have a monthly shopping list now. Say cheese goes on sale, I know I need x number cheddar, x number mozzarella. I still overbuy but I am doing better.

The next few days are going to be a bit extravagant!

Friday: Out (going to PDX). Either Din Tai Fung or maybe a Belgian restaurant. (All the talk of mussels before has me hungry. Moules frites is one of my favorite foods. I don't mind cooking fresh mussels, but the french fries are a PITA at home.)

Saturday: Out (likely at my conference--they're having a dinner. Or, if I'm sick of being around work stuff, a restaurant)

Sunday: Out

Monday: Bratwurst, potatoes, a veggie

Tuesday: DH turns 55. We have a huge box of frozen cold lobster tails from Costco. Will make giant portions of lobster, french bread with butter, and salad. And a tiny pecan pie for the two of us.

Saturday
Sweet & Sour Pork
Sunday
Chicken Fajitas
Monday
Shrimp Scampi Pasta
Tuesday
Teriyaki Meatballs w/ Rice
Wednesday
Butter Chicken, Naan
Thursday
Chicken Nuggets w/ Mac & Cheese
Friday
Taco Salad

Another week, another plan...gonna start incorporating some summery dishes into the menu b/c the weather has been so nice:)...

Sun (aka dinner out of the fridge after late mass) - Homemade Chicken Salad (Grapes/Celery/Nuts/Mayo/S&P), Caprese Salad, Strawberries and Thai bananas (so cheap and ripe today - 29 cents/lb)
Mon - Chicken Tikka Masala (jarred sauce, extra veg added in by me), White Rice, Thai Bananas in Coconut Milk
Tues - Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Carrots
Wed - Pan Fried Turkey "Chops", "East Meets West" Ratatouille (spouse loved this 2 weeks ago, and the ingredients were cheap again), Bacon and Cheddar Grits
Thurs - Beef Tacos, Refried Beans, Fruit Salad
Fri - Frozen dinner night - I have a Chicken Enchilada to use, so I'll do that with Fruit Smoothies and Wedge Salads with Tomato, Blue Cheese, and Fried Onions
Sat - OUT/Leftovers (lunch will be one, dinner will be the other)
Sun (Mother's Day) - The family is making me a Cheese Fondue - the dippers will be a surprise, although I have requested roasted fingerling potatoes as 1 of them - I told them to pick 5 dippers, so we'll see if they stick to that and what they do:)...

Ladies I've been doing terrible this past week diet wise and budget wise. We ate out several times. I just really didn't feel like cooking. Tonight was my granddaughter s birthday. We ordered chinese takeout tonight. I am just going to start fresh tomorrow. Didn't really go grocery shopping so I am going to start my shopping limit of $60 tomorrow. Need a little bit of produce and some cream cheese but that's about it.

Monday and Tues- leftovers for him and an omlette and veggie burger on lettuce bun for me.

Wednesday chilli cornbread for him

Thursday chicken pot pie for him leftover chilli for me

Friday sausage onions and peppers roll and provelone for him

Saturday pork tenderloin in the crockpot veggie from the freezer and mashed potatoes for him.

Sunday chicken fricase (skinny taste recipe) steamed veggie from the freezer and spaghetti- cooking for Mothers day . Having daughter and grandchildren over for dinner

Monday -leftovers

TUesday -leftovers

Wednesday -taco impossible pie

Thursday hamburger helper veg from freezer omlette/veggie burger or leftovers for me

Friday lemon pepper tilapia veg from freezer rice

Saturday skinny taste chicken Adobo veg from freezer rice

Sunday chicken Alfredo lasagna rolls salad.

Any leftovers will be forwarded to the following week for Monday and Tues dinner.

This week:

Sun (off)- nachos
Mon (9-6)- crock pot pork tenderloin & mashed potatoes
Tue (1-10)- ham & veggie noodle casserole
Wed (off)- chicken & veggie pastry bake
Thu (1-10)- smothered green burritos
Fri (8-5)- ginger mango pork skillet
Sat (1-10)- I'll take leftovers or grab something before work, the guys will grab something after church

We are going out of town this weekend for a memorial service.

Wednesday:
Homemade Pizzas (BBQ Chicken and Supreme)

Thursday:
Pepper Steak
Rice

Friday:
Pancakes
Bacon
Scrambled Eggs

Saturday:
Dinner served after memorial service

Sunday:
Red Lobster for Mother's Day
(My daughter waits tables there, and has to work a double. This will be the only way I will get to see her that day.)

Monday:
Grilled Fish
Long Grain and Wild Rice
Steamed Broccoli

Taco Tuesday:
Insta-Pot Taco Pasta

Saturday: Steak Fajitas, beans
Sunday: Leftovers
Monday: Greek Chicken gyros, garlic pearl couscous
Tuesday: Leftovers
Wednesday: Brats, Fries
Thursday: Enchilada Chicken
Friday: BLT sandwhiches, chips

Well, I'm doing well with the eating at home part, but I'm spending too much of my Sunday doing dinner prep for the week. Need to figure out how to spend less time in the kitchen without resorting to too many pre-made meals! This is my week:

Su - Taco Salads
M- Chicken & gravy with mashed potatoes and broccoli
T- Ham, cabbage, peirogis
W- Ham & Bean Soup for the fam (I'm away for work, so DH can just heat this up)
Th- Burritos (if I make it home in time to make homemade tortillas), or chicken puck sandwiches
F- BLTs, cabbage salad (I swear I was planning BLTs on Friday before I saw the post from @Deffenm - although I do borrow from other people's menus all the time!)

Time for another week! This is also the last weekend of things taking over my Sunday's so I can hopefully get back on my schedule and meal prepping.

Tonight: Chicken and white bean enchiladas
Sunday: Out for my nieces baptism
Monday: L/O
Tuesday: L/O
Wednesday: Red snapper in thai coconut curry sauce
Thursday: L/O
Friday: Chicken marsala meatballs on egg noodles
Saturday: L/O

Last night DS ate over at GF's so I ended up making bbq pork sandwiches (had a few extra sandwich rolls in the fridge) and fries (had about two servings left in the freezer) for DH and I. now I have a carryover meal. One good thing is I'm about to start a new job next Monday!!!! An old boss of mine approached me about training under her to become a manager at a small locally owned business (which happens to be owned by her friend she's know since high school) because she is joining with her house flipping business. The pay is better, no nights, no Sundays, only a handful of Saturdays a year, and it's only an 8 minute drive from my house! Depending on traffic my commute now is between 30 minutes to over an hour! I'll be home to make dinner every night! The growth and potential of the company is what really got me, and the fact that my quality of life is about to get way better. I did tell my current boss I would still be around to come in every few weekends if they need me and he said he'd really appreciate it. It will allow me to keep my employee discount, and next April I can technically retire from there and keep that benefit for life. Here's the last week of weird schedule menus:

Sun (8-7): crock pot meatballs and mashed potatoes
Mon (8-5): baked peanut chicken with peas
Tue (off): southern skillet chops with corn bread
Wed (1-10): kielbasa spinach soup
Thu (off): loaded chicken salad
Fri (8-5): ginger mango pork skillet
Sat (8-5): out after church to celebrate Mother's Day a week late

Congrats, @Sydney2977!!! :yay:

Wednesday:
"Faux" made Pho with Chicken

Thursday:
Pizza Pasta Casserole
Salad

Friday:
Tuna Salad with Crackers
Baby Carrots

Saturday:
Shrimp Stir-Fry
Brown Rice

Sunday:
Grilled Lemon Garlic Chicken
Baked Potatoes
Roasted Asparagus

Monday:
Crustless Broccoli and Ham Quiche
Fresh Pineapple

Taco Tuesday:
Tex Mex Casserole
Chips and Salsa

Last night DS ate over at GF's so I ended up making bbq pork sandwiches (had a few extra sandwich rolls in the fridge) and fries (had about two servings left in the freezer) for DH and I. now I have a carryover meal. One good thing is I'm about to start a new job next Monday!!!!

That's so exciting - congrats!

Here is my (much less exciting) week. I've got some work stuff going on this week that will mean DH has to make dinner a few nights, so we are going for very very easy meals (most of which are already in the freezer and should be used up - so yay!):
M- Lamb meatballs, couscous and tomato/cucumber salad
T- Chicken salad sandwiches, tomato soup
W- Homemade Asian Pork Dumplings
Th- Chicken Puck sandwiches, veggies & dip
F- Dogs in blankets, veggies & dip

Another week, another plan...gonna start incorporating some summery dishes into the menu b/c the weather has been so nice:)...

Sun (aka dinner out of the fridge after late mass) - Homemade Chicken Salad (Grapes/Celery/Nuts/Mayo/S&P), Caprese Salad, Strawberries and Thai bananas (so cheap and ripe today - 29 cents/lb)
Mon - Chicken Tikka Masala (jarred sauce, extra veg added in by me), White Rice, Thai Bananas in Coconut Milk
Tues - Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Carrots
Wed - Pan Fried Turkey "Chops", "East Meets West" Ratatouille (spouse loved this 2 weeks ago, and the ingredients were cheap again), Bacon and Cheddar Grits
Thurs - Beef Tacos, Refried Beans, Fruit Salad
Fri - Frozen dinner night - I have a Chicken Enchilada to use, so I'll do that with Fruit Smoothies and Wedge Salads with Tomato, Blue Cheese, and Fried Onions
Sat - OUT/Leftovers (lunch will be one, dinner will be the other)
Sun (Mother's Day) - The family is making me a Cheese Fondue - the dippers will be a surprise, although I have requested roasted fingerling potatoes as 1 of them - I told them to pick 5 dippers, so we'll see if they stick to that and what they do:)...

So, I did get TWO gorgeous fondues on Mother's Day - 1 cheese and 1 chocolate...and now, I've made plans to make sure we don't waste the leftovers...so here's the week:)...

Sun - 4 Cheese and White Wine Fondue with Sirloin Steak Dippers, Roasted Baby Gold Potato Dippers, French Bread, Apples, and Red Grapes (huge hit with the wine based fondue)...and Chocolate Fondue with Strawberries, Pineapple, Bananas, Marshmallows, and Graham Crackers (kids used them to make smores - I avoided:))
Mon - All-Beef Hot Dogs with Cheese Sauce, Baked Cheese Fries (so double use of the fondue), Iceberg Salad with Celery, Mint, and Fennel, and Bleuberries/Strawberries
Tues - Beef and Sausage Meatloaf, Garlic Bread, Caprese Salad (Tomatoes, Fresh Mozz, Garden Basil, Balsamic and EVOO), Kiwi/Strawberries/Blueberries
Wed - Cheesy Loaded Potato Soup (rest of fondue, onion, celery, carrots, fried onions on top), Grapes/Apples
Thurs - Sausage Fennel White Wine Pasta (something like this - https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/rigatoni-with-sausage-and-fennel-3753750), Green Leaf and Iceberg Salad
Fri - Frozen Food Night - I did not use last week's frozen meal, so that's back on the list with fruit smoothies
Sat - OUT

PS - I'm planning to make a pavlova or a fool this week for a dessert with fresh fruit (I have a ton)...not sure what day, but it should be fun (both are 1sts for me:))...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter