• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Eating at DL...are ADRs or PS...whatever they're called...needed?

momsgoofy

<br><font color=blue>Hello! My name is Laura and I
This will be our first trip to DL...going the first week of June and need some info about ADRs or PS...whatever they call them at DL. :confused3

Am I correct in understanding that they can only be made 60 days prior?

What is the phone number to call when I do make the ADR?

What locations are ADRs absolutely needed? Or which locations are not needed? (I know at WDW we can usually get into Olivia's without ADRs easily, while CRT you practically can't get in without the ADR.)

Also, anything else you might be able to share about DL's ADRs or dining would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

While thankfully there is nothing at Disneyland that is quite as tough to come by as CRT, I definitely recommend ps', especially for Blue Bayou and character meals. There are not nearly as many full service restaurants inside the parks, Disneyland has three for example: Carnation Cafe, Blue Bayou and the Minnie and Friends Breakfast that is served in the Plaza (that is a counter service place for lunch and dinner). In DCA there is Ariels Grotto (princess lunch and dinner sort of along the lines of CRT and Askerhus but not in a castle) and the Vineyard Room. At Disneyland's dining number you can also make ps' for the resort restaurants and DTD (except for Rainforest Cafe but they give you that # so its not a big deal). I think it is always a good idea to have a ps if you prefer sit down meals, that is the beginning of summer when you are going and crowds, especially with the 50th, will be a factor. The number is 714-781-3463.

Amy&Dan said:
While thankfully there is nothing at Disneyland that is quite as tough to come by as CRT, I definitely recommend ps', especially for Blue Bayou and character meals. There are not nearly as many full service restaurants inside the parks, Disneyland has three for example: Carnation Cafe, Blue Bayou and the Minnie and Friends Breakfast that is served in the Plaza (that is a counter service place for lunch and dinner). In DCA there is Ariels Grotto (princess lunch and dinner sort of along the lines of CRT and Askerhus but not in a castle) and the Vineyard Room. At Disneyland's dining number you can also make ps' for the resort restaurants and DTD (except for Rainforest Cafe but they give you that # so its not a big deal). I think it is always a good idea to have a ps if you prefer sit down meals, that is the beginning of summer when you are going and crowds, especially with the 50th, will be a factor. The number is 714-781-3463.

Thanks so much! I really appreciate the info!

Since we tend to do at least one sit down daily at WDW, I always do those with ADRs and was thinking the same for DL. I guess the problem is that never having been there, I haven't a clue about where to eat. :confused3 I'm starting to look at allearsnet.com and another site someone suggested here that both have menus of DL restaurants. I think that will be another thread I start here...where to eat? :rotfl: The boys (DH and DS) aren't morning people at all, so we tend to eat a late breakfast or an early lunch then dinner with a snack in the middle somewhere. Since DS is gonna be 14 and just graduated 8th grade, he's too cool for character dining... :rolleyes: Well, he'll go, but instead of hugging poor ol' Pluto, he's started petting Pluto's tongue... :blush: But, for his momma, if he has to...he'll go. The other thing is that we have noticed we aren't as fond of buffets anymore...family style is good...just don't wanna keep running back to get food...DS says..."we're on vacation...it's time to be served". :smooth: So, now I'm gonna look over the menus...see what might work for us...then I'll start asking more questions here...DISsers know their stuff!

Thanks again!

I made ADR's just to be on the safe side. I wanted lunch at Blue Bayou and the Ariel's Grotto Princess Dinner. I have that WDW mentality - book it to be safe. The thing that shocked me was that they didn't give out confirmation numbers. Just take your name.

I just took the time to make the ADR's. Now I know that I won't have a crazy wait time.

We really like to play it by ear when we are there. This past trip- 3 full day snad 2 half days we had to PS. One for Goofys for lunch (late brunch, they dont have lunch) and one at blue bayou for lunch. We never did make it to our BB reservation. If you want to eat at BB or a character meal, then yes, make PS. But, I wouldnt worry about having them every day. Ther are plenty of place to eat with out, and you can eat when you are hungry rather then when you think you'll be hungry 60 days before you go.

Tink said:
I made ADR's just to be on the safe side. I wanted lunch at Blue Bayou and the Ariel's Grotto Princess Dinner. I have that WDW mentality - book it to be safe. The thing that shocked me was that they didn't give out confirmation numbers. Just take your name.

I just took the time to make the ADR's. Now I know that I won't have a crazy wait time.

No confirmation numbers? :confused3 Wow! I'm glad my name isn't something as common as John Smith. I guess DL knows what they're doing...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter