Eating on e-nights....

TigrLvsPooh

Travel Channel's Ultimate Disney Fan
Where do you eat when you're going to e-night? Do you eat inside MK? Around the monorail somewhere?

If we make a ps for a restaurant inside MK then we would already be inside the park for e-night, right? Or is that allowed?

Thanks! :)

The MK doesn't close before the start of an E-night like the hard ticket events do (MVMCP, MNSSHP). It just keeps going. You have to relinquish your ticket for e-night and pick up a wrist band. If you don't have a wristband on, you don't get to ride any of the e-night attractions that are open. So, if you are eating late and e-night has started when you finish eating, unless you have a wristband on, you won't be riding any of the rides.

I don't remember is any of the full service restaurants were open during e-night. I know Cosmic Ray's was open, though.

My E-ride brochure (from 5/26 to 6/3/03 trip) lists the following for food and beverage:
Caseys' Corner, Pecos Bill Cafe and The Lunching Pad,
(also Main Street Bakery & Plaza Ice Cream Parlor open seasonally)
Pretty slim pickings as far as we were concerned. Don't know if the offerings change or how often. I would recommend eating before e-night begins.

Eat before e-night begins. Aside from eating another tip is to make sure you are in the park in the "land" you want to be in before the park closes for the regular guests. If not you will be going against the crowd walking out on Main Street. You will lose valuable time going on rides because you will be stuck fighting the outgoing crowds. Have a good trip.:D

You could try to get the very last ressie time at a sit-down place. This should be the same time the park closes for e night.

You could eat at one of the restaurants on the monorail loop....Contemporary, Polynesian, or Grand Floridian.
Last year we ate at Chef Mickey's late and then went into the Magic Kingdom. We ended up following the parade up Main Street and sat down outside Tomorrowland to watch the fireworks. We then went right over to Buzz and got on twice with no waits and then we went on to Space Mountain and then Frontierland.
Once the Magic Kindgom "officially" closes I believe that only the counter food services are open for the rest of E-night. We thought it would be better to have a good dinner and then go to E-night. It worked out very well.
Enjoy!!!!!

I think we're going to plan on getting to e-night early (around 4 pm) and just eat some counter service while we're killing time until we can get our wristbands. Thanks! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter