ECVs and the monorail ???

DonnettaR

DIS Veteran
How does monorail work with ECV? Last year when we were in DL we had to wait for an empty car in order to get on the monorail. How does it work in WDW. Also, how would you reccomend getting from the Poly to Fort Wilderness for the Hoop Dee Doo?

Unlike the DL monorail trains which can handle at most one wc or ECV the ones at WDW can easily handle four. However, be aware that the stations at Magic Kingdom and Transportation and Ticket Center do not have elevators; ramps only, while all other stations do.

I just got off the phone with Disney about transportation between Poly and HDDR. You would have to take either the monorail or a launch from Poly to MK and then the boat to FW. The only other method is bus from Poly to DTD, change buses to get to FW, and change buses again to get to Pioneer Hall.

Thanks for all the information. That was so nice of you to call Disney. Once again, I can't say enough about the generosity of the "Disers" :banana: :banana: :banana:

I have another question. We will be renting an ECV (hopefully having it delivered to us at the Poly) and I would like to know how they fit on the buses? Are there ECVs that can be folded? Standing for long periods of time and walking are issues for my mother and the visit to AK always proves challenging for us. Do we have to wait for a special bus that can accomodate the ECV? Thanks

Just about every bus at WDW can handle two wheelchairs or ECVs. They cannot be folded; however they are designed to be taken apart so they can be put in the trunk of a car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter