Effective 2/25/2018, you need at least 75 direct points to qualify for Membership Extras

Small contracts are already barely cheaper than direct. I can't really think of a reason why I'd want a 25 point contract via resale at all if I can buy it direct for nearly the same price. I can only see that if they increase the 50 point as a new buyer rule or if they stop allowing members to buy 25 points as an add-on.

A lot of non owners can only afford a 25 point contract, this is why they attract a premium. People will stop buying 25s in any great number, so the proportional pot will decrease.

Glad to we bought a small direct contact 14 months ago. We were going to go the route of resale and adding on, but we wanted a smaller contract to start with. As long as we keep that direct contact in good standing, we would be free to buy resale when it becomes financial feasible again.

My first resale purchase just closed last Thursday. I haven't seen the deed pop up yet. I was planning to add 25 direct as soon as I could. Should I still wait, or so I call now for 50?

We went on a waitlist last week for OKW, we called our guide today just to see how it was going. He told us there were 10 others in front of us, and the only way to avoid the 75 point minimum was to buy 50 at Copper Creek before the 25th.

He then called us back about 5 minutes ago and said our 25 points for the UY we need just came up! We’re in the UK so we just have to hope the postal system is quick! I find it strange we can sign and scan documents over email, and that it has to be done by mail, which is a bit of a pain. Our resale contracts have all been done via signing and scanning into email.

So, fingers crossed it all goes through the post quickly!

We just closed in December and our deed was recorded on Dec 18th. does this mean we are not new owners and we have to buy 75 or can we still get 25-50 pts for already members? I am not sure how this effects me.

My first resale purchase just closed last Thursday. I haven't seen the deed pop up yet. I was planning to add 25 direct as soon as I could. Should I still wait, or so I call now for 50?

I would be calling. Explain your situation and the rep should guide you in the right direction.

Fair enough :-) I’m reasonably new to all this :-)
That’s not that big of a deal. “It may or may not be renewed or extended”. So the point for us was to buy DVC for the sake of the membership moreso than the “perks”. We had a great guide who explained all of this to us in an honest manner.

Glad to we bought a small direct contact 14 months ago. We were going to go the route of resale and adding on, but we wanted a smaller contract to start with. As long as we keep that direct contact in good standing, we would be free to buy resale when it becomes financial feasible again.
That’s what we did! Our guide was so great. He didn’t push into extra points we couldn’t afford at the time.

We went on a waitlist last week for OKW, we called our guide today just to see how it was going. He told us there were 10 others in front of us, and the only way to avoid the 75 point minimum was to buy 50 at Copper Creek before the 25th.

He then called us back about 5 minutes ago and said our 25 points for the UY we need just came up! We’re in the UK so we just have to hope the postal system is quick! I find it strange we can sign and scan documents over email, and that it has to be done by mail, which is a bit of a pain. Our resale contracts have all been done via signing and scanning into email.

They should load your points on immediately when you have paid the deposit - I am surprised they'd say it is the day it closed. The documents will arrive with you in the UK in about a week was my experience. Yes it is a pain you cannot just do it by email.

Email is not safe at all. You don’t want something like that being transferred via email.

Email is not safe at all. You don’t want something like that being transferred via email.
All resale contracts are concluded by email- as are many formal legal agreements in commerce.

We just closed in December and our deed was recorded on Dec 18th. does this mean we are not new owners and we have to buy 75 or can we still get 25-50 pts for already members? I am not sure how this effects me.
If you bought resale then you need at least 25 points direct under the old rules. But as of February 25th, you will need at least 75 for the “perks” and membership card. But it sounds like all the 25 point people are either on waitlists or getting lucky. So you might need to buy a 50 point contract if any are left.

If you bought resale then you need at least 25 points direct under the old rules. But as of February 25th, you will need at least 75 for the “perks” and membership card. But it sounds like all the 25 point people are either on waitlists or getting lucky. So you might need to buy a 50 point contract if any are left.

50 definitely seems to be the magic number at the moment. If you suggest it I'm guessing they are more motivated to sell and look for the points as some others have said.

I have the same question-we are in the same boat....

At this point, no. That's what this statement means:

"All Members who are eligible for Membership Extras as of February 24 will not be impacted by the 75-Vacation Point requirement, as long as they continue to meet the previously implemented eligibility requirements."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter